Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Met Office have issued a warning of snow for Wednesday. The warning does not include Sussex, but focusses on inland and up the spine of the uk. This will be dependant upon an occluded front pushing west and colder air being dragged across from the near continent to the east.

Even inland it's going to be borderline for snow, as dew points wilk be above freezing, so you would need quite intense precipitation to get snow at ground level.

The only way we could get snow down here would be if the front pushed slightly further east but more slowly to drag colder air ahead of it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Met Office have issued a warning of snow for Wednesday. The warning does not include Sussex, but focusses on inland and up the spine of the uk. This will be dependant upon an occluded front pushing west and colder air being dragged across from the near continent to the east.

Even inland it's going to be borderline for snow, as dew points wilk be above freezing, so you would need quite intense precipitation to get snow at ground level.

The only way we could get snow down here would be if the front pushed slightly further east but more slowly to drag colder air ahead of it.
Will the snow avoid Brummie? I want there game to go ahead on wednesday night.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Thanks for the information again. :thumbsup:

Did you say earlier in the thread that your charts predicted the cold spell to come back towards the end of this month? is that still a possibility? tar in advance

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just though I'd pop back in here...

I was perusing the latest model output on the way home from work (as I do)... I I noticed that the chances of snow here have been upgraded by the latest model output:

6am to midday tomorrow:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/19/basis12/ukuk/prty/10012012_1912.gif

noon to 6pm tomorrow:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/19/basis12/ukuk/prty/10012018_1912.gif

Very interesting, just a matter of whether it will be cold enough right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
travelling to Manchester tomorrow morning nad back to gods county on Thursday night... joy

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Keep us updated mate.

One last thing, is the cold snap on its way back at any point?

I'd say it's possible, but not guaranteed yet. Some models go for a cold feed from a very cold near continent by Monday/Tuesday. There's no sign of any snow yet, but if this winter has taught us one thing it's that snow can only really be forecast at 12 to 36 hours notice.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just though I'd pop back in here...

I was perusing the latest model output on the way home from work (as I do)... I I noticed that the chances of snow here have been upgraded by the latest model output:

6am to midday tomorrow:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/19/basis12/ukuk/prty/10012012_1912.gif

noon to 6pm tomorrow:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/19/basis12/ukuk/prty/10012018_1912.gif
Looks like they may have been wrong, raining rather heavily here BN2. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here