Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
life is at last returning to some semblence of normailty in rural worcestershire ..........................the bin men have just turned up for the first time since before christmas :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only by going with that the Met Office: Weather and climate change say and they have heavy snow for Weds daytime, I dont have the power of Papas pictures & models so best await his opinion.

I don't really see where the forecast of snow has come from. Yes, it will get colder midweek, but it doesn't look cold enough for snow down here. Further north may see some as the cold air from the east comes up against the front coming from the west.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting that the canal was still frozen over in Birmingham on the train to Bescot

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I don't really see where the forecast of snow has come from. Yes, it will get colder midweek, but it doesn't look cold enough for snow down here. Further north may see some as the cold air from the east comes up against the front coming from the west.

is next weekends Snow still on the models? as was posted a couple pages back (remember the PINK over the UK!!)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Certainly won't be cold enough snow this week.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So no chance of snow for the next 5 days or so then? what about the end of the month?

Nope no chance this week, unless the weather does something unexpected!

As Yoda as mentioned, it may turn colder at the end of the month, but even so it doesn't guarantee snow.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nope no chance this week, unless the weather does something unexpected!

As Yoda as mentioned, it may turn colder at the end of the month, but even so it doesn't guarantee snow.

How shit are the BBC/Met office forecasts then, jeez, how wrong can they be?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How shit are the BBC/Met office forecasts then, jeez, how wrong can they be?

It is quite astonishing really. Especially as I think most people would assume the BBC to be the most accurate.

They have now changed Wednesday's forecast to heavy rain though. That'll be nice.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It is quite astonishing really. Especially as I think most people would assume the BBC to be the most accurate.

They have now changed Wednesday's forecast to heavy rain though. That'll be nice.

I read an article somewhere that the BBC are thinking of dropping the Met Office (Because the BBC use the Met office forecast mainly), here it is BBC to drop met office due to 'weather blunders'.

Also, looking at todays forecast, the BBC summary is Sunny intervals yet at no point in the 24 hour forecast does it say there will be sunny intervals?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I read an article somewhere that the BBC are thinking of dropping the Met Office (Because the BBC use the Met office forecast mainly), here it is BBC to drop met office due to 'weather blunders'.

Also, looking at todays forecast, the BBC summary is Sunny intervals yet at no point in the 24 hour forecast does it say there will be sunny intervals?

It does that on a regular basis, bbc weather forecast is shit. FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here