Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can get snow in March but it is sh*t snow and turns to slush by midday. You WILL NOT get sustained cold in March so as I said, this is much too little, much too late

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok believe it if you want. Average temps in march are about 10 c by day

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a signal for colder conditions in the upcoming week and snow chances - see below:

graphe_ens3_pji3.gif

But despite quite low 850hpa temps the 2M temps aren't particularly special

graphe_ens4_zqj8.gif

Having just returned fro m a week's holiday in the Canary Islands, I can tell you that they has snow on Gran Canaria and Tenerife whilst we were there!

http://www.gran-canaria-info.com/weather/snow-way-snow-in-gran-canaria-more-on-the-way

Bloody typical!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Too little, too late. If it had happened 1 or 2 months ago, yes but March ? No chance. What they mean is max temps by day of 6 c which is cold for March but far too warm for any snow event

But it is cold enough for snow US, the next stage is what your version of an event might be, but snow it can at 6c .......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can get snow in March but it is sh*t snow and turns to slush by midday. You WILL NOT get sustained cold in March so as I said, this is much too little, much too late

Why are you so keen for snow, the country's transport system grinds to a halt, people die, industry and retailing suffers, people miss out on holidays they have been waiting all year for, cars get scratches so kids can make snowballs, football matches get postponed and all for what the chance to build a snowman and chuck a snowball.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
There is a signal for colder conditions in the upcoming week and snow chances - see below:

graphe_ens3_pji3.gif

But despite quite low 850hpa temps the 2M temps aren't particularly special

graphe_ens4_zqj8.gif

Having just returned fro m a week's holiday in the Canary Islands, I can tell you that they has snow on Gran Canaria and Tenerife whilst we were there!

http://www.gran-canaria-info.com/weather/snow-way-snow-in-gran-canaria-more-on-the-way

Bloody typical!

What about the following, is it a bit of a leap of faith?

http://rgsweather.com/

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why are you so keen for snow, the country's transport system grinds to a halt, people die, industry and retailing suffers, people miss out on holidays they have been waiting all year for, cars get scratches so kids can make snowballs, football matches get postponed and all for what the chance to build a snowman and chuck a snowball.

Snow is brilliant, kids can have fun we can suddenly have our mundane schedules effected and changed, it just gives a little bit of the unexpected.

It doesnt happen often thats why it might be exciting and why we are very rarely prepared for it, anyway last time we had some proper snow me and my friends ended up down the pub most of the day, roaring log fire, good beer, raging blizzard knowing that there will be no work the next day either, brilliant stuff is snow :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just in Maidstone and there is a very small smattering of snow on the ground. Hello old friend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Suggestions of an outside chance of snow next Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm glad I never got my hopes up for this winter, everything (background signals wise) pointed to being another bust snow wise. We may see some snow over the next couple of weeks but I don't think anything to get too excited about.

Looking forward to spring now and some warmth! Next winter "should" be a whole better than this one!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Write off for me too, its been mild and miserable, at this stage without much chance of anything significant or prolonged, ready for the warmth of spring and summer.

I fear it might be a drawn out colder spring ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here