Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The back end of next week looks interesting down here, with some runs taking 850hpa temps down near -10C and 30% snow % appearing.

graphe_ens3_qvn5.gif

What's it like for Yorkshire/Cumbria....I'm supposed to be going on holiday end of next week

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With the dream set up on Saturday with easterly / n easterly winds and a front coming from the west 99 out of 100 times in mid Feb this would result in a lot of snow but not this year, just cold rain, this is because there is simply no cold weather whatsoever anywhere for over 2000 miles from our shores. The continent is very mild and has been all winter bar a couple of weeks mid Jan. The only chance is a rogue snow flurry Monday or Tuesday night next week when temperatures will fall close to 0 C. After that the game is up for this winter. It has been probably one of the worst winters ever with average temps 3-4 C above normal

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
With the dream set up on Saturday with easterly / n easterly winds and a front coming from the west 99 out of 100 times in mid Feb this would result in a lot of snow but not this year, just cold rain, this is because there is simply no cold weather whatsoever anywhere for over 2000 miles from our shores. The continent is very mild and has been all winter bar a couple of weeks mid Jan. The only chance is a rogue snow flurry Monday or Tuesday night next week when temperatures will fall close to 0 C. After that the game is up for this winter. It has been probably one of the worst winters ever with average temps 3-4 C above normal

I will stick my head out on the block and say there is a decent chance that later next week currently there is a decent chance for snow

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The back end of next week looks interesting down here, with some runs taking 850hpa temps down near -10C and 30% snow % appearing.

graphe_ens3_qvn5.gif

Every time I look at these graphs I get excited about a bit of flumping, but just cannot decipher what they say.
Just looks like sh!t Spirograph.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes thank you for that Bill Giles, or should I bring this up to date and say thank you Thomasz Schafernaker?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes thank you for that Bill Giles, or should I bring this up to date and say thank you Thomasz Schafernaker?

Was I right ? Perfect set up, no cold weather, 6 C now. Any normal winter this would have seen a lot of snow

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
4 degrees and raining in Worthing. 3-4 degrees away from the white stuff. *******s.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's -24C here this morning, I might need a jumper.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

El Nino with a heady dose of global warming.. December 2015 was the hottest month on record globally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here