Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
so what are the chances of snow for sussex then....its bloody cold ...
There our weather forecasts on the news. From what I've seen though it's cold here, but not quite cold enough for snow on the south coast, though the rest of the country might get some.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On of those weeks where you would need to check the forecast each day....they really aren't too sure either way..apart from that its going to be colder than of late

Yep. Horrible week to forecast as everything is so marginal AND the synoptic development is highly uncertain.

That channel low on Wednesday is certainly interesting, but currently only exists within a computer model, so I'm not getting too excited just yet.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Yep. Horrible week to forecast as everything is so marginal AND the synoptic development is highly uncertain.

That channel low on Wednesday is certainly interesting, but currently only exists within a computer model, so I'm not getting too excited just yet.

metcheck going with snow first thing for worthing on wednesday are they just guessing?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolutely freezing outside yet online weather reports say it's only just on 0 C ? Like the Russian Steppes outside my window !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's white in Worthing, I'm pretending it's snow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got to work in Rustington. No probably but BBC Radio Sussex saying the A259 between Rustington and LA is shut due to multiple crashes, don't listen, road is open. Can't vouch for LA - Clymping though.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just got to work in Rustington. No probably but BBC Radio Sussex saying the A259 between Rustington and LA is shut due to multiple crashes, don't listen, road is open. Can't vouch for LA - Clymping though.

The A259 runs all the way to Los Angeles? Wow

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think this morning is probably the peak of winter for us down here. - 3 C last night and still below 0 C now. A lovely crisp frost. It looks wintery so get out there enjoy it for the next hour and take some photos as a reminder of winter 2014/2015. Mild and wet by the end of the week with the SW back again

Yoda

English & European
I think this morning is probably the peak of winter for us down here. - 3 C last night and still below 0 C now. A lovely crisp frost. It looks wintery so get out there enjoy it for the next hour and take some photos as a reminder of winter 2014/2015. Mild and wet by the end of the week with the SW back again

The more last week and the weekend moved on, the more depressing the models looked re the chance of snow. :down:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The more last week and the weekend moved on, the more depressing the models looked re the chance of snow. :down:

Don't worry in the parallel universe of the Daily Express today there is this headline " Snow Fun but - 15 C BIG FREEZE is going to last for a Week "

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I dropped the missus off in Littlehampton town centre for work earlier and went back home via the 259 (Tesco-Morrisons roundabouts). Took me 20 minutes to go about a mile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here