Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
That's what we got last night, stopped now and a little bit of drizzle mixed in at the end, before some more snow later on the tail end. QUOTE=Lyndhurst 14;6192046]6" in Manhattan; still snowing heavily[/QUOTE]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Net weather says snow at the end of next week .... what do the weather followers think ?

Seems unlikely, although not impossible. That's far beyond the reliable timeframe for the models at the moment.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Netweather used to be incredibly accurate a couple of years ago.. it's nowhere near as good now.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As I've said on twitter (and FB) this morning, the initial low arriving Friday will track across central England. So, to the north there's a chance of snow and sleet. Into Saturday as the low pulls away to the East, it will pull in some colder air behind it from the N/NW. There's a 10-15% chance of snow in Sussex at this stage, but I feel the cold air won't arrive in time for snow here (other than the top of the downs perhaps) before the precipitation moves away.

Friday to Sunday will feel cold (5 or 6C max, down to close to 0C at night) but nothing special.

D

Deleted member 22389

As I've said on twitter (and FB) this morning, the initial low arriving Friday will track across central England. So, to the north there's a chance of snow and sleet. Into Saturday as the low pulls away to the East, it will pull in some colder air behind it from the N/NW. There's a 10-15% chance of snow in Sussex at this stage, but I feel the cold air won't arrive in time for snow here (other than the top of the downs perhaps) before the precipitation moves away.

Friday to Sunday will feel cold (5 or 6C max, down to close to 0C at night) but nothing special.

Think time is running out this year for any proper snow now. If we where going to get it, it should have happened Jan, Feb.
I like a bit of snow, but I'm not going complain if things get warmer.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think time is running out this year for any proper snow now. If we where going to get it, it should have happened Jan, Feb.
I like a bit of snow, but I'm not going complain if things get warmer.

Yep, nothing worse than a cold spring into early summer (like last year). Time to start thinking about spring warmth - with days lengthening.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yep, nothing worse than a cold spring into early summer (like last year). Time to start thinking about spring warmth - with days lengthening.

Amen to that. I don't think any of the snow lovers I have spoken to actually want any snow now this year -I think we have been warn down by the incessant rain and wind. As I hate wet n windy weather, suffice to say I haven't enjoyed this winter much!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
2014-02-27.jpg

Just when you thought all was lost, the Daily Express steams to the rescue. :mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's Summer out there today - time to retire this thread for another season.

It's been poor - very poor. A few people need to take a good long look at themselves and make sure they do better in Winter 2014-15.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's Summer out there today - time to retire this thread for another season.

It's been poor - very poor. A few people need to take a good long look at themselves and make sure they do better in Winter 2014-15.

Not too hasty. I have been in Edinburgh today on business and it snowed this afternoon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The worst winter since the start of this thread. Truly shocking scenes, don't think they even had any proper snow up North. Let's hope for a double dose next winter instead.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wet and windy winter 2013/14. Few storms and flooding.

Hopefully 2014/15 can bring calmer, more snowy scenes!

Ahh well spring is here! Yay! :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here