Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any news on snow? The wife is bereft at the thought of a year without snow down here...

I think you can write this winter off now. 2 months of constant sw winds and rain, very mild with no change in sight. Getting too late for any real cold weather now and the whole of Europe is basking in very mild weather. Not a single frost here so far and coldest day 8C.

I think you can write this winter off now. 2 months of constant sw winds and rain, very mild with no change in sight. Getting too late for any real cold weather now and the whole of Europe is basking in very mild weather. Not a single frost here so far and coldest day 8C.

Bugger, US has predicted.

Snow shoes at the ready then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

There was quite a hard frost Monday night this week in Worthing, which is about the 3rd this winter. I agree it's overall very mild but there might still be time for a cold snap yet.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
-2 a couple of times but no frost to clear in the mornings from the car windscreen so far.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
-2 a couple of times but no frost to clear in the mornings from the car windscreen so far.

I had to scrape ice of the car yesterday morning, but as it was following a front clearing to the West it may have been less cold in Southwick, as the front took its time to clear eastwards.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That just goes to show how localised frost can be. Years ago, when I was working in Crawley, I would drive straight up the A24 from Worthing. Often there would be a bit of frost where I lived but once I got past Washington it would look like Finland with a much much worse frost.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I had to scrape ice of the car yesterday morning, but as it was following a front clearing to the West it may have been less cold in Southwick, as the front took its time to clear eastwards.

Do fronts ever clear from the back?

Just wondering like.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Global Warming. We're all doomed. Make sure your next house is at the top of a hill and you might survive

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That's not quite right. Historically speaking, the coldest part of winter is usually January and February. To early to write winter off yet!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
You certainly can't write Winter off just yet! We're only halfway through!
Although we can probably write off up to the end of Jan for anything Wintry as the pattern we're in is set to stay. Doesn't mean it can't change but it's looking unlikely. So more of the same, unsettled with maybe the odd frosty night.

Longer term there is a chance we could get our Winter back on track but again it will depend on if we get any luck when the Strat warms up. This will either displace or split the Polar Vortex which "should" help with northern blocking which in turn send cold weather our way. Thinking earliest this is going to happen is mid Feb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here