[News] The Assault on Jenni Hermoso

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He certainly is discovering that as there are clearly lots of agendas being played out around this case.

My posts on this subject clearly stated his lip kiss was innapropriate and wrong BUT, in the context of an epic celebration, perhaps an error not neccaserrily worthy of an automatic social media pile on/cancelling, especially after an apology.

As for the comment around consent, I don't believe for one minute that any member of the outrage police will be reporting that horse owner for sexual assault (clearly in that moment no consent from him) or believe anyone would have made a fuss/ screamed sexual assault if she had planted a kiss on his lips in wild celebration. Anyone saying otherwise is a bit of a fibber.
I think if I had celebrated and grabbed my nether regions next to the queen and her daughter I might have considered my position regardless.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As soon as this thread was started, I guessed there would be a few posters, predictably @Wokeworrier and @goldstone, either Mansplaining, offering some kind of defence for Rubiales' 'kiss', suggesting that it wasn't really serious, arguing that it was "taken out of context", implying that the female victim needs to loosen-up or develop a sense of humour, or that Rubiales' is the latest victim of the Woke mob and 'cancel culture'.

Classic 'defence' of unacceptable and rapey bloke behaviour towards a woman, and the usual tactic of portraying the female victim as the aggressor, and the male perpetrator as the innocent or misunderstood victim: "Blimey, what's the world coming too; you can't even snog or grope a bird in public these days without the men-hating feminazis and Woke-mob objecting and demanding your head on a silver plate. OK, she said 'No', but I knew the prick-tease wanted it really, so I assumed that she really meant 'Yes'".

The men defending Rubiales are doubtless the type who enjoy 'bantz' which is derogatory about women, or view women primarily or solely as sex-objects, but claim "Me? I love women. I ain't gay." Yet by their words and actions, they reveal their underlying misogyny and sense of male entitlement towards women.

Fortunately, most Neanderthals eventually evolved into reasonably decent and intelligent human beings; it's just that few have not yet caught up with the rest of us.
I can see why people tire of debate, or demonstrably show they don’t have the skills to. You’ve asserted this man is a rapist (evidence?), used a belittling derogatory and ironically sexist term (man’s planning), and dismissed their difference of opinion in an overly aggressive patronising manner with all the usual buzzwords of todays binary arguments such as ‘entitled’, ‘misogyny’, ‘Neanderthals’ and so forth. Surely you’re better than this? If you are, you’re not coming across as.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I've been following this thread right from the start and must say i respect every ones opinion on this forum. I've not commented until now, but has anyone considered that the pair of them might be involved in an Affaire d'amour. Just a thought worth mentioning.
I can't remember ever having to grab and hold my partner's head so that they couldn't resist a forcible kiss in any of the relationships I have had.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Just as an update -

The Spanish men's team have issued a statement condemning Rubiales. The players called an impromptu press conference to read out their statement of support for Jenni Hermoso.

Miguel Ángel Galán, the head of the National Training Center of Football Managers in Spain, has lodged a formal complaint against Rubiales with the RFEF. Galán said “It was a sexist and intolerable act. A chauvinist act, by a president who is already plagued by corruption scandals and sexism... Those are the two structural problems of the Federation in Spain: corruption and sexism.”

Rubiales uncle - Juan Rubiales, a former chief of staff with the RFEF, called his nephew 'an extremely arrogant man' and accused him of corruption and sexism. Apparently Spanish prosecutors were already investigating Rubiales for corruption and bribery before his assault on Jenni Hermoso.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Jorge Vilda: Spanish federation sacks World Cup-winning coach amid Luis Rubiales kiss row

Jorge Vilda, Spain's Women's World Cup-winning head coach, has been sacked amid the ongoing Luis Rubiales scandal.

Spain's win was overshadowed by the country's football federation president Rubiales kissing forward Jenni Hermoso, which she said was not consensual.
Most of Vilda's coaching staff resigned and 81 players refused to play for Spain in the aftermath.

Rubiales has refused to resign but has been provisionally suspended by Fifa, football's world governing body.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Jorge Vilda: Spanish federation sacks World Cup-winning coach amid Luis Rubiales kiss row​

Jorge Vilda, Spain's Women's World Cup-winning head coach, has been sacked amid the ongoing Luis Rubiales scandal.

Spain's win was overshadowed by the country's football federation president Rubiales kissing forward Jenni Hermoso, which she said was not consensual.
Most of Vilda's coaching staff resigned and 81 players refused to play for Spain in the aftermath.

Rubiales has refused to resign but has been provisionally suspended by Fifa, football's world governing body.
Rubiales next :wave:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bizarre that the team manager is sacked before the President of the Spanish FA but I guess that's all the interim chappie can do at the moment. Looks like Rubiales still intends to tough it out, rather insanely.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bizarre that the team manager is sacked before the President of the Spanish FA but I guess that's all the interim chappie can do at the moment. Looks like Rubiales still intends to tough it out, rather insanely.
Not so surprising when it turned out he sexually assaulted the assistant coach himself.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not so surprising when it turned out he sexually assaulted the assistant coach himself.

I'm not going to judge from that particular half-video personally. It's only half a slow mo video for starters - how does his hand get there in the first instance? What comment is there from the women you say is assaulted? (there is none in the article). He does seem a rather unsavoury character from what I've read (continuing the previous problems of male coaches entering player bedrooms unannounced and without knocking for starters) and I'm glad they have sacked him and hopefully changing the whole set up - my surprise I commented above is only that he has gone before Rubiales not that he has gone.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, I was reading earlier that the Spanish football authorities have today activated their sexual violence protocol. This is one day after threatening to launch legal proceedings against the victim.
They did what? On what grounds?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not going to judge from that particular half-video personally. It's only half a slow mo video for starters - how does his hand get there in the first instance? What comment is there from the women you say is assaulted? (there is none in the article). He does seem a rather unsavoury character from what I've read (continuing the previous problems of male coaches entering player bedrooms unannounced and without knocking for starters) and I'm glad they have sacked him and hopefully changing the whole set up - my surprise I commented above is only that he has gone before Rubiales not that he has gone.
The whole point of dealing with exploitation of power imbalance is that the lack of anything being said at the time is meaningless.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The whole point of dealing with exploitation of power imbalance is that the lack of anything being said at the time is meaningless.
Yes I wouldn't disagree - has she said anything at all? Situations that occur depend on the viewpoint of the alleged victim because an individual has different tolerances and personally I can't put my viewpoint on it without hearing theirs. When I viewed the Rubiales kissing of all the players live at the time I thought "crikey bit much mate have you been on the coke at half time, jesus steady on" - if all of those women had genuinely said then, later and now "not bothered it's a Spanish thing I'm comfortable with" then imo the context is different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports