Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Assault on Jenni Hermoso

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, they did an about turn and initiated an investigation into Rubiales for sexual violence. My post was about the complete change of tack in 24 hours.
Sorry I'm confused. You said they threatened "to launch legal proceedings against the victim". Was that a typo, or did they threaten the player? And if the latter, what did they threaten her with?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry I'm confused. You said they threatened "to launch legal proceedings against the victim". Was that a typo, or did they threaten the player? And if the latter, what did they threaten her with?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes I wouldn't disagree - has she said anything at all? Situations that occur depend on the viewpoint of the alleged victim because an individual has different tolerances and personally I can't put my viewpoint on it without hearing theirs. When I viewed the Rubiales kissing of all the players live at the time I thought "crikey bit much mate have you been on the coke at half time, jesus steady on" - if all of those women had genuinely said then, later and now "not bothered it's a Spanish thing I'm comfortable with" then imo the context is different.
I think what’s become clear is that a lot of people in Spain want the macho cultural out there to change.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Yes - against Jenni Hermoso and against the entire women's squad for refusing to play while Rubiales is still in his job. Hermoso was threatened with a lawsuit for 'telling lies' about Rubiales.

As for the team - there is a sports law in Spain that is a legacy of the fascist dictatorship of Franco that basically states that Spanish sports people are legally bound to represent Spain if selected.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Latest is that Jenni Hermoso has lodged a legal complaint with the prosecutors.

When the prosecutors launched the criminal investigation against Rubiales - for it to proceed the victim had to lodge a complaint within 15 days. I suspect that if Rubiales had resigned or been sacked that Hermoso would not have taken the assault any further legally - but the fact that the scumbag is trying to brazen it out, she did the correct thing and lodged the required complaint to allow the investigation to proceed. By the way - Rubiales is also under investigation by the Spanish prosecutors for bribery and corruption.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As for the team - there is a sports law in Spain that is a legacy of the fascist dictatorship of Franco that basically states that Spanish sports people are legally bound to represent Spain if selected.
I wonder what the European Court of Human Rights would make of that.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
I don’t post on the cycling threads because I don’t like cycling. I just wondered if you feel the same about football ?

Supporting BHA for 40+ years, I was there at Hereford and one of the few in the centre circle for on pitch protests but to be brutally honest I find the online discussions about football a little bit dull ... whereas I like to challenge the recieved wisdom on certain topics. Apologies if I come over as a bit too brash

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Supporting BHA for 40+ years, I was there at Hereford and one of the few in the centre circle for on pitch protests but to be brutally honest I find the online discussions about football a little bit dull ... whereas I like to challenge the recieved wisdom on certain topics. Apologies if I come over as a bit too brash
Brash isn’t the word Id use.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Are you really challenging perceived wisdoms if your views can be predicted from your username ? You can’t be one dimensional in real life. No one is.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I wonder what the European Court of Human Rights would make of that.
The law is on the statute books, but I am not aware of any case where it was used in the last 40 years. The RFEF were threatening to take a civil action against the women's squad and using the law as the basis of the lawsuit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

And of course you've never been caught out lying on NSC to suit your agenda have you :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for reminding me of the Ignore function!
1694164193552.png

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here