Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We tried matching them in a 'normal way' many times in recent times, that went well.
I’m not criticising the approach, simply saying that if it goes wrong today with the bat that could be the series over, the aggressive nature of approach makes it very risky, especially in these conditions to bat.

Our record at home since 2005 against the Aussies is actually not that bad, our record at Lords against them however….

Hopefully I’m wrong but I have a bad feeling about today

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I’m not criticising the approach, simply saying that if it goes wrong today with the bat that could be the series over, the aggressive nature of approach makes it very risky, especially in these conditions to bat.

Our record at home since 2005 against the Aussies is actually not that bad, our record at Lords against them however….

Hopefully I’m wrong but I have a bad feeling about today
I'm a fan of BazBall, gives us a swinger"s chance. They're better than us man for man.

'Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounds like the Aussies have dropped Boland for Starc, still rattled by Ollie's "three #11s" comment then?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Looks like its had a haircut.

Of course, a toss win on a day like today will mean a bowl. But this is England (they do like chasing though).

Lords often plays better on day three and four once the grass has gone.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Pitch is still pretty green but we know the Aussies love batting first in any conditions, it’s the macho man’s choice isn’t it, still think it’s a bowling morning.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sounds like the Aussies have dropped Boland for Starc, still rattled by Ollie's "three #11s" comment then?
Yeah, I can only think that Starc's batting has got him the nod because Boland would love this wicket.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
With back-to-back tests, I'd have been inclined to rest one of Broad and Anderson for Woakes

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just stop oil twunts stop play, Bairstow chucked him off himself :lolol:

Jobless pond dweller got handed like a rag doll

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here