[Albion] The Arsenal Golden Ticket Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Long thread so this may have already been suggested? Anyone who has managed to get a ticket should be excluded from future ballots :shrug:

Now that would be fair, no?

What is fair to the supporters and possible on an administrative point of view for the club and two completely different things as there are two many variables.

The way the club do the ballot is they record all individuals who are not members of groups and the "head" of each group. Therefore in a group of 5, 2 might have taken up tickets and the other 3 didn't or 2 might have got tickets from the exchange. You cannot then take those two people out of a group for one or two games game it impossible.

I think people need to remember 2020 isn't a fair year full stop and stop moaning

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is fair to the supporters and possible on an administrative point of view for the club and two completely different things as there are two many variables.

The way the club do the ballot is they record all individuals who are not members of groups and the "head" of each group. Therefore in a group of 5, 2 might have taken up tickets and the other 3 didn't or 2 might have got tickets from the exchange. You cannot then take those two people out of a group for one or two games game it impossible.

I think people need to remember 2020 isn't a fair year full stop and stop moaning

How am I moaning? By suggesting it fairer that people who haven’t managed to get a ticket get preference over those that have in future ballots? Bizarre thinking

Personally don’t give a shit as I won’t be going anyway

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

PB said as much on the forum last week - the Supporter Services team are up to their eyes in admin as it is, so trying to do anything more complex (which would potentially be equally unfair for different reasons anyway) just wasn't viable apparently. We've got exactly the situation you describe - 5 in our bubble, but 2 can't go currently as they live in a Tier 3 area...........imagine the work required to manage those records, then try to work out the impact of tier changes, increase in capacity to 4,000, reduction back to 2,000 etc etc.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
PB said as much on the forum last week - the Supporter Services team are up to their eyes in admin as it is, so trying to do anything more complex (which would potentially be equally unfair for different reasons anyway) just wasn't viable apparently. We've got exactly the situation you describe - 5 in our bubble, but 2 can't go currently as they live in a Tier 3 area...........imagine the work required to manage those records, then try to work out the impact of tier changes, increase in capacity to 4,000, reduction back to 2,000 etc etc.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...icket-Thread&p=9627100&viewfull=1#post9627100

My suggestion here would have been fair, easy to manage and would have easily copied with any change from 2000 to 4000.

Most importantly, if you missed out now, you'd know that you have an increased chance in future - which would significantly reduce disappointment/resentment.

As it stands, I can see anger growing in months ahead... (just when ST renewals come around too)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...icket-Thread&p=9627100&viewfull=1#post9627100

My suggestion here would have been fair, easy to manage and would have easily copied with any change from 2000 to 4000.

Most importantly, if you missed out now, you'd know that you have an increased chance in future - which would significantly reduce disappointment/resentment.

As it stands, I can see anger growing in months ahead... (just when ST renewals come around too)

It's an option but still flawed (large % essentially have no chance of a ticket until the 9th or 10th game for example)........as to how easy it is to manage I don't know enough about the club's ticketing system to comment so bow to your better knowledge on that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
2-2-1

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can somebody remind me how I decline ?

I'm in Group 1 for the Arse.

Presumably I log on, on the day on sale ?

Won't let me re-sell at the mo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports