Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice (series 11) - official thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I also blame the people coming up with the tasks because the last few have been very underwhelming. It was very unclear to me how they were meant to make money last night, it was a very narrow scope for making money and ultimately it was very unfair on the teams because one had a couple, which always makes it more likely they'd complain about the price and the other had just the one woman - their choices to re-negotiate the amount paid was barely fair and also they didn't get any chance to negotiate.

Going back to the ridiculous "handy man" task, it was the most boring spectacle of an episode I'd seen and it felt like a programme stumbling toward a conclusion. It can't keep going along as it is, either the producers need to come up with better weekly tasks which actually allow them as candidates to do some good business, or they need to seriously re-consider the format.

The firing of Jenny earlier in the series was a ridiculous mistake and ruined the whole series for me. There was a girl who was slated for not harrassing a chef in a restaurant - the suggestion she should ignore the front of house staff and demand to speak to a chef are ridiculous and have no place in the real world and the criticism she received for that was outrageous, especially when Charlene (rubbish name) then got a slagging for trying to negotiate a discount at the wholesalers. You can't criticise one for doing something that someone else was critised for not doing. How both Charlene and the other stupid blonde are still hanging around, when Jenny is long since sat at home, makes me seriously question the integrity of the programme, the "process" and Lord Sugar.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm pretty sure the show isn't supposed to be serious, its just sugars way of having a laugh

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Deary me, he screwed that up! All these flats will be bought up by overseas investors and left empty for ten years

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Woah didn't see that coming! Great episode

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wonder why Scott binned it, was he just that pissed off about how bitchy Karren was being? Or was he just fed up the whole process and how fake the whole thing is? He made a hash of this task but the criticism he received was well out of order, especially considering the poor performances of Selina from the start. She was a horrible piece of work and a complete **** from start to finish. She deserved to leave, but Gary is lucky to still be clinging on.

I think Charleine has a chance but the longer this goes on, the more comfortable Richard looks. It's going to become about business plans now I reckon, Lord Al will start to think about the type of person he can work with and the type of person he chooses not to.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I wonder why Scott binned it, was he just that pissed off about how bitchy Karren was being? Or was he just fed up the whole process and how fake the whole thing is? He made a hash of this task but the criticism he received was well out of order, especially considering the poor performances of Selina from the start. She was a horrible piece of work and a complete **** from start to finish. She deserved to leave, but Gary is lucky to still be clinging on.

I think Charleine has a chance but the longer this goes on, the more comfortable Richard looks. It's going to become about business plans now I reckon, Lord Al will start to think about the type of person he can work with and the type of person he chooses not to.
I would be very surprised if the business plans weren't vetted on day 1 and a decision already made on who the likely winner was to be. Then they would edit to make that person look good so they didn't need to fire them.

I like the programme but so such is obviously set up. I assume the purchasers tonight we're really only actors and given guidelines on whether to buy or not based on how well the candidates performed. I would be very surprised if 2 novices could make £78k commission in 2 days as Richard and the Yank did

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1449695231769.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sugar has stitched up Richard here. Sounds like he wants him gone. Brett would never have brought Richard in until Sugar interfered.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Right decision made IMO.

Eugh all the simpering 'oh Karen thank you oh Lord sugar'. Would make me want to tell them all to **** off in the first week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looks like they're still going to let Claude rip them apart in the interviews next week - always fun.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't want to work with any of them, effing pen pushers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That American lady looks a very strong candidate to win now

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How come you can bet on the winner when its done weeks in advance? Shirley someone in the know could make a few quid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here