[TV] The Apprentice (BBC1)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[Spoiler alert, if you’re that one other remaining viewer. Catching up later] ….

…. well, Harpreet won. It was pretty obvious a month or two back.

In a series of seriously flawed candidates, she was actually a grown-up, with a viable business idea already up and running on a small scale.

Well done.

Dam….i havnt watched one episode and was saving it for a rainy day

Or should I say thanks for saving me some time

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I watched this for a bit. I find it astonishing that the top 2 business plans are for posh deserts and pyjamas. My main objections are 1. Cost of living - nobodies going to have spare £ for this shit. 2. where are the innovative tech businesses? Not on this dinosaur of a show.

And Lord S looks increasingly like a wrinkled old ball bag. Taxi!!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think the unfunny wrinkled old midget ball bag got that one wrong.

Who the smeg is gonna get a couple of fancy muffins delivered?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The girl that won I don’t think came across particularly well , very full of herself but I guess that’s what it takes to win . The runner up seemed much sweeter .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I'm delighted Harpreet won because that cutesy "matching pyjamas for everyone, including the dog" shite should not be encouraged under any circumstances

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TBH I'm delighted Harpreet won because that cutesy "matching pyjamas for everyone, including the dog" shite should not be encouraged under any circumstances

I much preferred the lovely Kathryn, to Harpreet, but yes, you make a very good point.

Jul 7, 2003
I think the unfunny wrinkled old midget ball bag got that one wrong.

Who the smeg is gonna get a couple of fancy muffins delivered?

I've received a couple of 'cakes by post' deliveries from my work as little gifts to lift spirits while we were working from home. I think this business grew during lockdown, whether it is will continue to be sustainable is another matter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yet, in the You're Hired follow up programme, Karen Brady admitted her family had matching pyjamas. :lolol::lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the best candidate won, mind you it was a very shallow pool this year. All the men were useless.

I thought Brittany was good but she had a crap product (alcoholic health drinks) so it begs the question why was she allowed on the show when "Thankyoulordsugar" would never invest in the product in the first place.

I did find it amusing that some of the useless men were sacked earlier on in the "process" only to be invited back for the final only to be shown up to be useless once again. I am looking at you Harry and Navid. Last night did nothing for your employment prospects. I wouldn't hire you to wash my car.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think its obvious that candidates are no longer being selected for their business acumen, potential and business ideas but for their mediocrity and stupidity in order to produce good telly. We always used to have a couple of idiots and loonies but now they've gone for the full set.

Both finalists ideas were seriously flawed. Sugar must have been sat there thinking "I've done me money whoever I pick". Harpreet whilst having the marginally better idea would clearly be an absolute nightmare to work for as she doesn't appear to have "listening ears". The economic climate is not ripe for more dessert parlours and the market is already flooded with them. Pyjama girl has missed the boat completely and Sugar's investment would be gobbled up by the substantial losses her business is running at.

Brittany just wore me out and the fact she clearly couldn't be arsed to google "How to write a Business Plan" told you everything that you needed to know.

I think the women who finished third (was it Stephanie?) probably had the best business idea (marketplace for pre-loved vintage clothing for kids) but authentication was clearly a problem when the business was scaled up. Someone will do this and make a success out of it as it has a huge, global market potentially. Not sure it will be her though.

I'm expecting the candidates in the next junior series to be a lot better than the (often entertaining) clowns they had in this series.

The thing that surprised me was that the first section of the programme was them brainstorming a name for the business. I'm like wtf these guys have had probably a couple of years to come up with one!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think its obvious that candidates are no longer being selected for their business acumen, potential and business ideas but for their mediocrity and stupidity in order to produce good telly. We always used to have a couple of idiots and loonies but now they've gone for the full set.

Both finalists ideas were seriously flawed. Sugar must have been sat there thinking "I've done me money whoever I pick". Harpreet whilst having the marginally better idea would clearly be an absolute nightmare to work for as she doesn't appear to have "listening ears". The economic climate is not ripe for more dessert parlours and the market is already flooded with them. Pyjama girl has missed the boat completely and Sugar's investment would be gobbled up by the substantial losses her business is running at.

Brittany just wore me out and the fact she clearly couldn't be arsed to google "How to write a Business Plan" told you everything that you needed to know.

I think the women who finished third (was it Stephanie?) probably had the best business idea (marketplace for pre-loved vintage clothing for kids) but authentication was clearly a problem when the business was scaled up. Someone will do this and make a success out of it as it has a huge, global market potentially. Not sure it will be her though.

I'm expecting the candidates in the next junior series to be a lot better than the (often entertaining) clowns they had in this series.

I agree with all of that, the candidates are now wannabee D-listers and the producers want idiots who are TV 'personalities'.

Other than your point about Harpreet. I think her business will succeed and grow, with the expertise she'll get left, right and centre. My guess is on online, not via 100 shops.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The thing that surprised me was that the first section of the programme was them brainstorming a name for the business. I'm like wtf these guys have had probably a couple of years to come up with one!

They have to rebrand it

Both of them had current businesses with names but part of the process means they need to rebrand in the final.

I’m guessing something to do with BBC rules and advertising ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think its obvious that candidates are no longer being selected for their business acumen, potential and business ideas but for their mediocrity and stupidity in order to produce good telly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss-59fi4nM&ab_channel=myLastTears

“Everyone will think they’re the only person to have noticed that the contestants are all idiots. I've got a hunch that for some reason, people will think that this never stops being worth commentating upon…" - David Mitchell, 2009.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I watched the whole series and found I was enjoying it less and less as the weeks went on.

There was a smack of political correctness about the whole thing and I can’t for the life of me understand how either of those businesses were investable.

Investment is my job and the numbers in the business plans were ridiculous - I can only imagine what the dragons would have said to either of them.

The premise of the series now looks a bit dated and sends the wrong message imho - you can have a completely unfeasible business plan but still get someone to invest in it. No one would have put money in either of those businesses in the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports