[TV] The Apprentice (BBC1)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting the one fired last week showed zero bitterness about why fired but instead only talked about how he will grow his business and Lord Sugar said keep in touch when he fired him.

As “the process” gets towards the end, AS often seems to take a shine to contenders he’s firing.

I wonder if he acts as a business angel to people in general away from the show?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As “the process” gets towards the end, AS often seems to take a shine to contenders he’s firing.

I wonder if he acts as a business angel to people in general away from the show?

I would like to think he does as clearly business is in his blood

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Harsh on Arron.

Yes - he was rubbish, but those two girls ducked the responsibility and got away with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The clincher was when earlier AS said to him “Well, this was a food task”, after he tried to play down the adverse significance of the lentil/rice polyfiller.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
CEO Iceland: “When I look at that label it reads, First Time **** Dies.

Candidate: “Thank you so much for that feedback.”

:lolol: :facepalm:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How Steph is still in this is laughable, she’s been terrible for weeks and should have been fired once again tonight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed, he should have fired the other 5 and just announced Harpreet the winner there and then. I think they are the worst bunch ever.

Definitely.

I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t win.

It may come down to dessert/coffee outlets isn’t AS’s thing, out of his comfort zone, as a business proposition. That’s been decisive in his final choice in past series.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I always turn this programme over.

Many years ago I worked in a large multi company building where the independent production company was based. The format started in the States was hawked around in Europe until the BBC bought it.

However awful the actual contestants are we were routinely subjected to those before who never made it in public areas preparing for their auditions.

I find it an excruciating programme massaging the public ego of Lord Sugar. However contrived it is, I'd rather watch Dragons Den.

I'm not sure either satisfy a public service remit, but I do like The Den.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Stephanie is winning this. Three weeks in a row Sugar’s had a gilt-edged chance to get rid of her and hasn’t.

If she doesn’t he’s missed so many clear chances he could play up front for us.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
An enjoyable episode, but for me sometimes the dialogue edits, scripting and set-ups were a lot more obvious than in previous shows.

I know, it's only telly...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[Spoiler alert, if you’re that one other remaining viewer. Catching up later] ….

…. well, Harpreet won. It was pretty obvious a month or two back.

In a series of seriously flawed candidates, she was actually a grown-up, with a viable business idea already up and running on a small scale.

Well done.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
British high streets are littered with cake and dessert shops, in places like Crawley they much make up 1 in 5 of shops. Reckon most of them are a front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports