[TV] The Apprentice (BBC1)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was my favourite!

Also can't believe they got rid of erm, thingy, as throughout the process she was one of the better candidates. To chuck her out for a spelling error is harsh. I presume her business proposal was crap.

I think she deserved to go because she was a thick bully, talking over everyone else and throwing others 'under the bus', plus ARTIC. She even continued to say Artic all the way through.

This is the 1st time I've watched the Apprentice for a long time. Are these the 'best of the best' out there? We're screwed if these are future leaders!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I did feel a bit sorry for them when they were being pelted for the prison game being boring.

They had a day to develop it, they were hardly going to pull The Witcher 4 out of their arse were they. :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is the 1st time I've watched the Apprentice for a long time. Are these the 'best of the best' out there? We're screwed if these are future leaders!

Nah. Candidates are blatently chosen for entertainment purposes these days.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t think this will happen again this series so putting it out there to be shot at.

I thought that given the fact they did it all in a day or two that the prison game was good. The concept was great and as others have said they are hardly going to write CoD in a day. The concept of prison break was good. Starts easy and then gets harder and harder. Escape rooms are a thing that are popular. This concept could bring that to life. Some levels you kill people and others you solve cryptic games. It could be played on your own or with mates. You could sell skins. New levels could be developed and constantly updated with a battle pass. You could have races with other players etc etc. it could grow huge.

The teaser was also probably the best advert ever produced on the apprentice. My 13 year old sat up and said “that looks sick”

Their presentation was crap and the blistering idiot couldn’t say about skins. But the concept was genuinely good.

Also sugar criticised the leader. He had a plan and idea but realised someone had a better one. Don’t the say that to be a brilliant leader you want to surround yourself with brilliant people and take their ideas if they are better than yours?

Overall given the time limits that was impressive.

The artic game was absolute crap. Any of them could have gone. Shambles.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Completely the wrong decision tonight - both girls should have been fired, they were awful and the clear obvious reason for the failure of the task. How they can rush an experience and then end up half an hour earlier than the allotted meal time and then blame the lads for the room not being set-up, is laughable. It would have been set-up if they stuck to the allocated time. Lord Sugar definitely got this one wrong tonight.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm starting to wonder if Sugar knows all along who he wants and each week is a smokescreen for his favourite.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nice bit if self-depreciation from Aaron at Silverstone this week:

“I know what you’re all thinking: Lewis Hamilton’s let himself go.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Loved this Silverstone episode, many candidates are back to their incompetent best.

Load of genuine laugh out load moments - the hopeless negotiating, Nick and Akshay’s pathetic catering, Karren’s stares.

Jul 7, 2003
I thought the winning team this week put on a good event from what we saw and thoroughly deserved to win, even if Karen seemed unhappy to give the positive feedback.

Good to see the return of the TV selling task next week - usually entertaining. Always remember the bloke from the early series selling those lovely wolf jumpers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
thedonkeycentrehalf;1018 6203 said:
I thought the winning team this week put on a good event from what we saw and thoroughly deserved to win, even if Karen seemed unhappy to give the positive feedback.

Good to see the return of the TV selling task next week - usually entertaining. Always remember the bloke from the early series selling those lovely wolf jumpers.

This was my favourite TV shopping task moment :facepalm: :lolol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Completely the wrong decision tonight - both girls should have been fired, they were awful and the clear obvious reason for the failure of the task. How they can rush an experience and then end up half an hour earlier than the allotted meal time and then blame the lads for the room not being set-up, is laughable. It would have been set-up if they stuck to the allocated time. Lord Sugar definitely got this one wrong tonight.

I agree with this. The catering was a complete irrelevance because even without the refund they would have lost.

Aaron is a champion. He can make anything fun and the looks he gives when people are so obviously talking crap is epic.

Team leader had to go last night. The catering was poor but the guided tour was awful.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I agree with this. The catering was a complete irrelevance because even without the refund they would have lost.

Aaron is a champion. He can make anything fun and the looks he gives when people are so obviously talking crap is epic.

Team leader had to go last night. The catering was poor but the guided tour was awful.

Whilst I don't disagree, I think its because Nick has been pretty useless in all the tasks and comes across as a bit of responsibility avoiding wet lettuce. I thought two of them would go tbh.

As time goes on, the tasks become less relevant as it becomes increasingly apparent who has got something about them and who hasn't. Still a bit of dead wood to clear but I think you can work out at least 4 of the last 5....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I was pretty surprised there wasn’t a partial refund due to the VR/Simulation error. As you say though it looked like they nailed the rest of the event, I wonder if it would have been different if they’d refused to let them take photos during the tour like the PM had asked. That kind of busy body treatment could ruin a day like that.

The main thing that confused me was one team paying £30 per head for food and then being expected to cook it themselves. I wonder if they had the option to turn the food down entirely and sort it out themselves. You could order a nice takeaway curry for £15. Judging contestants on their catering does feel like booting someone off Great British Bake-off because they couldn’t parallel park when they turned up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Judging contestants on their catering does feel like booting someone off Great British Bake-off because they couldn’t parallel park when they turned up.

:lolol: I was kind of thinking that too.

Candidate: “Oh please Lord Sugar - let me prove to you that I can be your next business partner.”

Lord Sugar: “Yeah, yeah. That’s all well and good. But Karen here tells me you can’t cook a saffron-infused stroganoff for 20 people. So for that reason, and with regret, **** off.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I don't disagree, I think its because Nick has been pretty useless in all the tasks and comes across as a bit of responsibility avoiding wet lettuce. I thought two of them would go tbh.

As time goes on, the tasks become less relevant as it becomes increasingly apparent who has got something about them and who hasn't. Still a bit of dead wood to clear but I think you can work out at least 4 of the last 5....

This.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure anyone bar Nick being so bad has got so far in this process

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was pretty surprised there wasn’t a partial refund due to the VR/Simulation error. As you say though it looked like they nailed the rest of the event, I wonder if it would have been different if they’d refused to let them take photos during the tour like the PM had asked. That kind of busy body treatment could ruin a day like that.

The main thing that confused me was one team paying £30 per head for food and then being expected to cook it themselves. I wonder if they had the option to turn the food down entirely and sort it out themselves. You could order a nice takeaway curry for £15. Judging contestants on their catering does feel like booting someone off Great British Bake-off because they couldn’t parallel park when they turned up.

That's what I didn't understand, so they just paid them for the ingredients then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting the one fired last week showed zero bitterness about why fired but instead only talked about how he will grow his business and Lord Sugar said keep in touch when he fired him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports