[TV] The Apprentice (BBC1)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe it is because they are young but there is such a lack of lateral thinking. Last week, the whole 'gender neutral' thing was easy to get out of - you just say that when setting up the app you can choose your character.

This week, why choose vodka - an alcohol best known as something that either many can't taste or used to carry other flavours which is why you have flavoured vodkas.

After all these years, one thing I still can't work out is why they have this obsession with waking everyone up at 4am and giving them 30 minutes to get ready.

They don’t know when the extra early starts are coming, to disorientate them (not that they need help with that) and for TV effect.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The guy going was fair, did bugger all on all tasks. That losing PM is a proper nasty piece of work though.

The company I work for is on a future episode as one of the hypothetical 'product buyers', I'm already cringing at the prospect.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The guy going was fair, did bugger all on all tasks. That losing PM is a proper nasty piece of work though.

The company I work for is on a future episode as one of the hypothetical 'product buyers', I'm already cringing at the prospect.

Sophie, I like her.

002D93CD-BE21-4F19-8327-B137CC0186EF.png

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I haven't watched The Apprentice for years, so I thought I'd give it another shot as it used to be regular viewing for me. I got 35 minutes into the first the episode and just had to turn it off. It had breached my limit of excrutiatingly painful viewing.

I'm not sure if they've changed the editing to make them look particularly bad, or whether they've peaked at choosing the biggest morons. I suspect it's a combination of both but I preferred the early years when they had a good mix of idiots and reasonably competent business people.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Lost interest a few series ago, but caught 10mins of before the news tonight and whoever she is, what a face like a smacked arse! God no, she came across as extremely sulky, the chewing a wasp type personified, she never smiled once! 10mins was all I needed to remember why I lost interest: Predictable Panto with cheerless clowns sacrificing any dignity they did have to impress Lord Sweetner.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got a bit annoyed there.

She saved her girly mates based on what her girly mates told her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just caught with this yesterday and 100% agree, that brand design of blandness woman should have been fired.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I haven't watched The Apprentice for years, so I thought I'd give it another shot as it used to be regular viewing for me. I got 35 minutes into the first the episode and just had to turn it off. It had breached my limit of excrutiatingly painful viewing.

I'm not sure if they've changed the editing to make them look particularly bad, or whether they've peaked at choosing the biggest morons. I suspect it's a combination of both but I preferred the early years when they had a good mix of idiots and reasonably competent business people.

This. It changed from a serious program where they were trying to find a talent and give them a hand in starting their business, into a TV 'show' complete with Panto villans, gormless bystanders and maybe the odd half decent individual buried under the egos and desire to be 'TV Celebrities'.

The show became more important than the result.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
this looks promising

come up with a computer game

team 1 a game about escaping prison.

What shall we call it?

Prison Escape

....no, that's too vague

Team 2

a game about protecting polar regions

what shall we call it

"Artic saviour"

are you sure we've got the spelling correct

yes, that's how you spell saviour.

:moo:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
this looks promising

come up with a computer game

team 1 a game about escaping prison.

What shall we call it?

Prison Escape

....no, that's too vague

Team 2

a game about protecting polar regions

what shall we call it

"Artic saviour"

are you sure we've got the spelling correct

yes, that's how you spell saviour.

:moo:

Both these games sound like something you'd buy for the Amstrad CPC464 in about 1986. I guess Sugar would be impressed.

Nick played a blinder - asked to be PM - had no support - didn't contribute anything to the task - kept quiet in the boardroom and wasn't in the final three. I think the rest of them have forgetten he is still there.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Got my Wordle starter for tomorrow……. Artic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports