Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice 2016 thread

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not just the winner who gets investment. Charleine Wain got to the interview stage last year with her hairdressing business, but didn't win. She did, however, get investment from elsewhere from a company/individual, who'd watched the show. She is achieving her ambition of training others as well as running a couple of salons. She belongs to a mutual group on Facebook, so I've read it 'from the horses mouth'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Although I agree, I still think clearing 40k pa profit from your mum's kitchen is reasonably impressive.

Regardless of Dragons Den accusations and Courtney's eye for profitable tat, overall I just thought the better, more competent business person actually won.

The more competent person probably did win, and if the premise of the show was the old one (to find a new underling for Sugar's empire) she'd be the right pick.

Utterly unconvinced that her great business idea has a lot of (large scale) merit though - can only work if she sells into large super-markets rather than independents, and I guarantee that they do NOT pay £1 a pop for a flapjack (nor knock them out for £3). All the best of luck to her though - seems a likeable sort.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Although I agree, I still think clearing 40k pa profit from your mum's kitchen is reasonably impressive.

Regardless of Dragons Den accusations and Courtney's eye for profitable tat, overall I just thought the better, more competent business person actually won.

I thought it was a joke when Alan had a pop back at Courtney in the boardroom. She's running a business from home as a sole trader with low overheads and zero labour costs, of course her profitability is going to be higher than his. The bottom line is that Alana's is a lifestyle business the like of which has been passed over countless number of times on Dragon's Den.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here