The Amex tour

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Would highly recommend this tour.
I had the same chap you are all talking about, very knowledgeable and very entertaining.
I took my daughter (9) who is a season ticket holder and my wife who couldn't care about football quite honestly and even she came out and said how much she really enjoyed it.
In my view it's a must.
:smile:

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
Went on the stadium tour last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Our tour guide was Jenny who was superb! Would recommend anyone and everyone to do it if possible!?..

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Apparently, tours are also available on Sundays now, so I'll be planning a visit. :thumbsup:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Whetted my appetite for next Thursdays visit I am making with family for a youngsters birthday.
Everyone who has been says it is a great experience.

On a slightly different note was something special going on at Amex today?

Went to Dick's for lunch. Des Lynam was in there, then Gus and Charlie popped in and the place was heaving for a while. Poor women behind counter were run off their feet. :amex:

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I went on the tour today as part of a treat for me, sorry, my mum, for Mothering Sunday.

There's some photos here including the glass turd that was presented to Tony Bloom and the inside of the Amex suite which has an image from the Goldstone days on the wall made up of actual American Express cards, so it does.

Best viewed as a slideshow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannylast/sets/72157629613397311/

Also, Peter Ward glass doors. MMmmm .....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I went on the tour today as part of a treat for me, sorry, my mum, for Mothering Sunday.

There's some photos here including the glass turd that was presented to Tony Bloom and the inside of the Amex suite which has an image from the Goldstone days on the wall made up of actual American Express cards, so it does.

Best viewed as a slideshow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannylast/sets/72157629613397311/

Also, Peter Ward glass doors. MMmmm .....

when did they start tours on a sunday?

Its impossible for me to get down for a thursday..

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
when did they start tours on a sunday?

Its impossible for me to get down for a thursday..

Announced early Feb I think.

We went the other Sunday. Great value/experience.

Think they do 1 pm or 3pm on Sundays and takes a little over 2 hours.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What days do they do? Is it just Sundays and Thursday's? And what time on Thursdays do they do the tour until?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What days do they do? Is it just Sundays and Thursday's? And what time on Thursdays do they do the tour until?

Just those 2 days, think 6PM is the latest they do on Thursday. I went on the first Sunday one last month, would of been better if anything was open - no Dicks Bar or Shop.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Great photos..

We have a trophy cabinet, and its big, do you think Tony wants to fill it..

Amex tour 6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports