Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The Amex is not efficient"

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
So I'm talking about how The Amex beat this stadium we're watching to the "Best New Sporting Venue" award...

Saints fan (of course) provides plenty of amazing quotes:

"haha, who was the judge? Stevie Wonder?"

"it's an awful use of space"

"It's really not efficient"

"St Mary's is much better, as we have more seats with no tiers"

I mean, I thought he might have been joking, but he is not...I just don't get it

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Was probably talking about the catering.......away fans can say what they like, when the stadium is finished next year it will look amazing!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Aston Villa won the hospitality award I think. I hope TB has his eyes on that award next year. What awards have Southampton won for their stadium btw?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"St Mary's is much better, as we have more seats with no tiers" :lolol:

It's a bit like comparing a christmas cake with a wedding cake - each suits specific needs but our "inefficient" spacious concourses and comfortable seats effect an infinitely superior confection

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There will be tiers [sic] at St Mary's next season when they get relegated without notching a point. Wankers.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
"St Mary's is much better, as we have more seats with no tiers" :lolol:

That's the construction £ per seat argument, as lego St.Mary's, Darlington, Derby etc.

Thankfully for us, Knight/TB, and the international panel of architects wanted style.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
But being a Saints fan his opinion does not count .... St Fairies or the Amex you choose?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The Amex roofs are supported by twin arch-beams, perhaps the most efficient structural form known to man, articulated in such a way so as to thrust all the forces through the reinforced concrete k9 bearing blocks straight into Brighton's own chalk. St Marys is a simply supported linear, nay boring, structure which could have been designed by a graduate.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
The Amex roofs are supported by twin arch-beams, perhaps the most efficient structural form known to man, articulated in such a way so as to thrust all the forces through the reinforced concrete k9 bearing blocks straight into Brighton's own chalk. St Marys is a simply supported linear, nay boring, structure which could have been designed by a graduate.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here