Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex atmosphere and maintaining it

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't know why there is a better atmosphere at the big London clubs and northern clubs.Are we just more educated and civil down here.Is the average age of our crowds higher.I would think the younger the crowd the more chance of chanting.Creating an atmosphere should come natural.It shouldn't have to be worked out and discussed like we are discussing.

If you look at the Ultras on You Tube you will see that most of the UK clubs get outdone by those abroad.The atmosphere,colour,flags,flares,chanting,dispalys etc at some games are amazing.

London clubs?? Are you kidding?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Simple songs are the way forward - the atmosphere was rocking as everyone could join in with three or four songs that everybody knows and are easy to pick up. None of the nonsense you often get from under the police box

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Simple songs are the way forward - the atmosphere was rocking as everyone could join in with three or four songs that everybody knows and are easy to pick up. None of the nonsense you often get from under the police box

You say that but it was amazing how quickly the 'You're shitting yourself' chant was picked up around the ground on Monday.

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
Could be interesting next season with another "Albion" in the division. Will the "Albiooooooon" chant go all around the ground? :albion2:

Well, I've always thought we should alter the chant to "Brighton n ove, Albion" rather than repeating "Albion" ... in the same way WBA sing " West Bromwich, Albion"

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I just watched the first half back for the first time. The sound is incredible, you can't really tell what it will sound like on TV but you can barely hear the commentary. When the Amex rocks, it rocks.

Flydye75

May 17, 2016
Brighton
Was just speaking to a sw fan other than saying that first half was relentless and how were we not 4 up... He said the atmosphere was best 'away' game they had been too. The roof was raised Every corner, throw in and chance.

Hopefully everyone now has a taste for it now and feels more comfortable being vocal (and knows some words). We do have some 'new' fans (have to with 30k of seats) and I think there is a nervousness from some in case they make a mistake etc.

Good to see the north stand singing as one unit too, rather than competing against itself as happens sometimes.

More standing does help too (energises people).

I think the the "Na Na Na....we all follow Bha' will continue to grow and be a 'thing' (and dare I say would work well if there is a drum!)

Brighton has some great live bands and Djs, maybe get them in the ground a few time before ko? (Might interfere with warm ups)

That noise won't happen every game, but now we have a benchmark of what we can do it will be easier to put the call out

"let's make it like Sheffield Wednesday" (anyone suggest a #)?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously? I was in the WSU south end and it was loud as anything coming up from the WSL and the North.

I'm WSU between the halfway line and the North penalty box in the very front row. I genuinely have no recollection of this song other than reading about it on here.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Seriously? I was in the WSU south end and it was loud as anything coming up from the WSL and the North.
This is indicative of how LOUD the combined atmosphere is at The Amex. Noise that is really loud in one part of the ground is drowned out by something equally loud going on elsewhere - the song in question was never audible in WSU North end.

When in unison the effect is incredible. We must not underestimate what we have got. Was it the best atmosphere EVER on Sky TV for a domestic club game....?! :)

I think we are just realising that the present Uncle Tony got us for Christmas a few years ago is even better than we thought...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This passed me by completely... didn't hear it once from WSU.

Glad it's just not me!

Didn't hear it either in WSU.

Must be a North Stand thing.

This is indicative of how LOUD the combined atmosphere is at The Amex...
Same block, about 5 rows from the back, and I didn't hear it either :shrug:

Perhaps it is because we were all too busy belting out the right words to Sussex by the sea?

#STANDORFALL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here