cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
senyera.jpg

That is actually Valencia's away kit

valenciaaway.png

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Just gonna say this now, but on the website. They refer to him as 'Catalonian', given Catalona's separatism, perhaps there's a chance he may consider himself Catalonian than Spanish? Maybe some Catalonian flags would be a more suited item.

Those days have passed, thankfully. Although they hate Real Madrid, the vast majority of people from other provinces like Cataluña, the Basque Country and Valencia, generally all get behind the national team. I'd be very surprised if a Catalan took offence to the Spanish flag.

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
That is actually Valencia's away kit

The flag of the Valencian Community differs from the Catalan flag in that it has the blue edge. If you're ever in Valencia, make sure not to confuse it with Cataluña. You'd be a very unpopular man, hehe.

And for the banner, "Genios del Fútbol" would be the correct Spanish, and would look a bit more flashy too! Sorry to be a pedant.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Those days have passed, thankfully. Although they hate Real Madrid, the vast majority of people from other provinces like Cataluña, the Basque Country and Valencia, generally all get behind the national team. I'd be very surprised if a Catalan took offence to the Spanish flag.

this...... it would be no different to Lille fans having union jacks with Joe Cole on them rather than the more correct English St Georges cross

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Aye, I only know a little of Spanish politics. If so, then a Spanish flag wouldn't so bad, I presume

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Referring to oursleves as "Gaviotas"

Refering to each other as "amigos"

Plus shouting GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That would really spin the opposing fans/player out if we shouted YEESSSSSSSS when a non-Spanish player scored, then when Vicente, Bruno or Calderon score we shout GOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here