Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex and Spanish flair

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
im currently looking at a 8'x5' spain flag with "VICENTE, SALTOR, CALDERON" "GENIOUS DEL FOOTBALL" and a seagull printed on it for next season

(vicente, saltor, calderon,,football genuises)

I suggest geniuses!

Hope you hold off on that long enough to see if we sign any others!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
similar to the spanish fans at euro 2012, when we pass the ball each pass should receive a resounding "Ole" from us fans

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Just gonna say this now, but on the website. They refer to him as 'Catalonian', given Catalona's separatism, perhaps there's a chance he may consider himself Catalonian than Spanish? Maybe some Catalonian flags would be a more suited item.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just gonna say this now, but on the website. They refer to him as 'Catalonian', given Catalona's separatism, perhaps there's a chance he may consider himself Catalonian than Spanish? Maybe some Catalonian flags would be a more suited item.

The correct demonym is Catalan (no matter what the club website says), but your point stands.

If you watch the celebrations on Madeira Drive after we won League One, Calde celebrated with an ikurrina (Basque flag) not a Spanish one and I'd suspect that given that Bruno has played for the Catalan "national" side then perhaps the senyera would be a better bet for him:

senyera.jpg

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
im currently looking at a 8'x5' spain flag with "VICENTE, SALTOR, CALDERON" "GENIOUS DEL FOOTBALL" and a seagull printed on it for next season

(vicente, saltor, calderon,,football genuises)

Nice idea, can't wait to see it. Where about do you sit?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The correct demonym is Catalan (no matter what the club website says), but your point stands.

If you watch the celebrations on Madeira Drive after we won League One, Calde celebrated with an ikurrina (Basque flag) not a Spanish one and I'd suspect that given that Bruno has played for the Catalan "national" side then perhaps the senyera would be a better bet for him:

senyera.jpg

Yellow and red stripes for the 3rd kit then?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Castanets.
And those panama hat things.
Straw donkeys.
Useless leather covered sangria pourers.

I'm getting excited already :dunce:

Last edited:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Ahora es el momento de marchar
Ahora dejen que sus corazones ser gay
Escuchen los clarines feliz
Sonando a lo largo de nuestro camino
Así que su anillo de voces, mis hijos,
Y se toma el tiempo de mí
Y te voy a cantar una canción, como pasear a lo largo,
De Sussex en el mar.

Love it. Maybe if we're all consulting our pronunciation guides we won't end up singing it too quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here