The albums thread - 2014

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
That makes sesne - they are over with Real Estate which is a fairly big tour that can probably afford a full tour support.

That's a pretty good combination, although, much as I like Real Estate, more than about 30 minutes can become boring due to lack of texture, lovely though the music is. I would think Real Estate are a little bit heavier live. I would hope, anyway.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's a pretty good combination, although, much as I like Real Estate, more than about 30 minutes can become boring due to lack of texture, lovely though the music is. I would think Real Estate are a little bit heavier live. I would hope, anyway.

Same here. I saw them at Primavera and they were pleasant enough, some really nice songs but it all got a bit samey, I didn't see much evidence to support your hope.

I used to prefer Matthew's side project Ducktails, who were a bit more psychedelic but their last album was Real Estate-lite.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The new Soft Walls record 'No Time' is up on bandcamp here. There's 4 songs on this record that I reckon Deerhunter would be proud of.

http://fauxdiscx.bandcamp.com/album/no-time

I've long suspected it, Brighton has a supreme talent in the form of Mr. Reeves. Super excited to see what Cold Pumas come up with later this year.

Happy I got one of the Ltd vinyls.

Season kick off day is gonna be great.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Couple of crackers today, Morrissey's World Peace Is None Of Your Business finally came in and sounds great on just 2 listens, plus Black Submarine's New Shores was finally waiting for me when I got home tonight, still on the first listen but it's pretty darned impressive so far I must say, the second track is awesome.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The new Soft Walls record 'No Time' is up on bandcamp here. There's 4 songs on this record that I reckon Deerhunter would be proud of.

http://fauxdiscx.bandcamp.com/album/no-time

I've long suspected it, Brighton has a supreme talent in the form of Mr. Reeves. Super excited to see what Cold Pumas come up with later this year.

Finally getting round to listen to the full album in one sitting. Great stuff.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ben Watt's Hendra is a classy album imho. Not for everyone granted, and he's abandoned the 'tiddly plonk' stuff and returned to an early EBTG vibe (Which is a good thing) Bernard Butler plays on most of the tracks too, so what's not to like.

Finally got round to getting this album. It's really good although he does actually say that he was returning to a pre-EBTG sound in his own mind. I actually loved his Buzzin' Fly DJ stuff but this is excellent in its genre. Reminiscent of Roddy Woomble and Mike Scott in their more acoustic solo moments.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
And the new Raveonettes album is insanely good. Number two on my list for the year now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sooo releases start kicking back in soon after the summer festival break.

Really looking forward to Caribou, Ty Segall, The Dead C, Electric Wizard and Esben.

Isn't Actress releasing something new as well?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports