Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I always listen to The Roar on the podcast, as I am busy doing family stuff when the program is on. I really enjoy it as it is a bit like NSC, but without any Palarse muppets to spoil it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm how do I listen to this so called Roar?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hmm how do I listen to this so called Roar?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Use your dads modern radiogram ( 97.2 fm ) every Saturday 12.00pm.....
43196dc3b8bfd97f13b6d20121234ac3.jpg

Or even better use his ultra modern home computer to browse...http://www.albionroar.co.uk/
images.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The show is now up as a podcast.

There's a bit of background noise coming from the Open Market itself, but not enough to stop us ranting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The show is now up as a podcast.

There's a bit of background noise coming from the Open Market itself, but not enough to stop us ranting.

I was going to ask about the background noise a sort of woman drone but now we know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Three things...

1. Whatever jiggery pokery I did on my phone the week before last seemed to work - the podcast is now arriving on my iPhone once again!

2. Al asked about feedback on audio quality. The quality is fine, but the volume level is lower than any other podcast I listen to. As a result:
i) if I'm walking/running alongside a busy road, even with my phone on max, the podcast can get drowned out by traffic noise.
ii) When the Roar finishes and the next podcast plays, the volume level nearly takes my head off!

3. Someone ordered "The Miracle of Castel di Sangro" via NSC's Amazon link yesterday. Wasn't this discussed on the show the other day?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Three things...

1. Whatever jiggery pokery I did on my phone the week before last seemed to work - the podcast is now arriving on my iPhone once again!

2. Al asked about feedback on audio quality. The quality is fine, but the volume level is lower than any other podcast I listen to. As a result:
i) if I'm walking/running alongside a busy road, even with my phone on max, the podcast can get drowned out by traffic noise.
ii) When the Roar finishes and the next podcast plays, the volume level nearly takes my head off!

3. Someone ordered "The Miracle of Castel di Sangro" via NSC's Amazon link yesterday. Wasn't this discussed on the show the other day?

On point 2, I'm in agreement. It's not only quiet, but also the sound mix levels are such that some are quieter than others.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Paul Barber is the guest on this week.

Just the 87 minutes, instead of the usual 58...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Paul Barber is the guest on this week.

Just the 87 minutes, instead of the usual 58...

That's good, a lot of us leave on 87 minutes...

Had a listen, start of finish. Top form big man. Barber was most engaging. Well done with relevant and rational dialogue and questioning.

Barber seemed relaxed and you got a lot more from him because of it. Splendid stuff.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't download the podcast from the website.
Not had this problem before.
Is there something different this week?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't download the podcast from the website.
Not had this problem before.
Is there something different this week?

And it is not in iTunes either, Barber OUT, Roar OUT

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
And it is not in iTunes either, Barber OUT, Roar OUT

what a relief. I obviously assumed that this was due to my ineptitude with this modern technology.

perhaps we can order a copy on cassette by cutting out a coupon and sending it off ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
what a relief. I obviously assumed that this was due to my ineptitude with this modern technology.

perhaps we can order a copy on cassette by cutting out a coupon and sending it off ?

I prefer reel to reel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here