Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Last night we welcomed Gary Dicker into the Reverb Rabbit hutch.

Slade, Gus & the pride of playing in the first game at the Amex were all discussed & much much more

Tune in on Sat at 12 on radio reverb 97.2fm, online at www.radioreverb.com or on the podcast

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Presenting the weather.

13418871_10153739071688775_2441208164405585815_n.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

After weeks of building on a volunteers' budget, including putting on false walls and ceiling, carpet-laying, carpet-hanging, cabling and wiring, painting, testing and generally getting stuff together, Radio Reverb will be broadcasting live this Saturday from its new home at the Open Market.

The first live show is going out on Thursday (the brilliant Kathy Caton's 'Out In Brighton'). On Saturday, we will be broadcasting our first live show from the new venue.

Joining us will be Roar semi-regulars Andy Bass and Marcus Hancocks (guest vocalist Adam Virgo will be saved for another day). We may be be interspersed with the sound of Herbie Flowers sound-checking outside in the main market area while we're on air. But face it, it could be worse. It could be Bros.

So we are LIVE (been a while) on air on 97.2FM and all the usual platforms at 12pm this Saturday discussing the Barnsley and Ipswich games, players' needless backchat, Shirt of the Week, and facepalming the FA and all its little wizards. And more besides.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Anyone having an issue downloading this fantastic podcast on to their Apple device? I have an iPad Air and it just won't seem to download. So annyoing as I work on a cruise ship so like to listen to it when I have no internet!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Anyone having an issue downloading this fantastic podcast on to their Apple device? I have an iPad Air and it just won't seem to download. So annyoing as I work on a cruise ship so like to listen to it when I have no internet!

Yes I have that problem too. Can't download it. Can only stream it. So need Internet whenever I listen to the podcast.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

After weeks of building on a volunteers' budget, including putting on false walls and ceiling, carpet-laying, carpet-hanging, cabling and wiring, painting, testing and generally getting stuff together, Radio Reverb will be broadcasting live this Saturday from its new home at the Open Market.

The first live show is going out on Thursday (the brilliant Kathy Caton's 'Out In Brighton'). On Saturday, we will be broadcasting our first live show from the new venue.

Joining us will be Roar semi-regulars Andy Bass and Marcus Hancocks (guest vocalist Adam Virgo will be saved for another day). We may be be interspersed with the sound of Herbie Flowers sound-checking outside in the main market area while we're on air. But face it, it could be worse. It could be Bros.

So we are LIVE (been a while) on air on 97.2FM and all the usual platforms at 12pm this Saturday discussing the Barnsley and Ipswich games, players' needless backchat, Shirt of the Week, and facepalming the FA and all its little wizards. And more besides.

Request....

Is there anyway the show could be available for download straight after the show either on Itunes or the website? Often the Roar carries a lot more relevance prior to the Saturday games than after it (great listening on route to the match), so if you miss the live Reverb broadcast you have to wait sometimes until the following day

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I had the same problem and now use the RSsradio app which downloads the podcast perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Always enjoy The Roar. My issue is the sound mix. Usually the guest is very quiet (not sitting so close to the microphone), and is often difficult to hear, even with the sound 'turned up to 11' (well, ten, actually), and is not so prominent as Ady and Al.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

So it IS still directly before a game, meaning it's immediately out of date for all podcast listeners....?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
So it IS still directly before a game, meaning it's immediately out of date for all podcast listeners....?

Well only in regard to discussion about that days match, the conversation normally discusses the previous game or games, and then stuff regarding the guest and/or current (relevant) news stories.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thread prompted me to listen to The Roar for the first time in a year or more. Not because I don't like it - I've always enjoyed it a lot - but it just seems to refuse to appear on my iPhone like all other podcasts.

And,if you're as lazy as I am, that's a significant barrier.

Is it only me that this happens to?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well only in regard to discussion about that days match, the conversation normally discusses the previous game or games, and then stuff regarding the guest and/or current (relevant) news stories.

So, yes. Most people are going to download the podcast from Sunday onwards, so the number 1 thing they want is a discussion of the game just gone.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This thread prompted me to listen to The Roar for the first time in a year or more. Not because I don't like it - I've always enjoyed it a lot - but it just seems to refuse to appear on my iPhone like all other podcasts.

And,if you're as lazy as I am, that's a significant barrier.

Is it only me that this happens to?

It downloads fine for me on my iphone.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
So, yes. Most people are going to download the podcast from Sunday onwards, so the number 1 thing they want is a discussion of the game just gone.

And that game then gets discussed the following week, the circle of life!

Or you can listen to it on your phone or Internet as it's being broadcast.

Not a lot else can be done, it's a community radio station, running on hamster wheels, steam and enthusiasm, as far as I'm aware there isn't the facility to easily upload the podcast directly after broadcast. At the moment Al takes home the USB drive with the show on it, prepares it and uploads it, if there's a match to go to, it's fair to say that it won't get done till after then.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And that game then gets discussed the following week, the circle of life!

Or you can listen to it on your phone or Internet as it's being broadcast.

Not a lot else can be done, it's a community radio station, running on hamster wheels, steam and enthusiasm, as far as I'm aware there isn't the facility to easily upload the podcast directly after broadcast. At the moment Al takes home the USB drive with the show on it, prepares it and uploads it, if there's a match to go to, it's fair to say that it won't get done till after then.

I'm not having a go - I've enjoyed the podcast. Just think it would do a lot, lot, lot better and have a potentially much wider listenership (probably not a word) if the shows were recorded on the even of or Sunday after a game, a la The Tuesday Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here