The Albion Roar - your thoughts, please...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. We appreciate the sentiments and comments. We may carry on bickering, we may not... :p

I think we just needed to know - or have it confirmed - where we stand regarding being a 'voicepiece'. I really didn't want us in that position. It seems we've got that answer now. :)

HBZ - we've asked that of Richard in a previous show from a fair while back. I don't remember the exact reason, though his opinion is that he is against them. Your best person to ask for that (aside from RH himself) is Attila, they had many debates over this issue...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Maybe I don't look hard enough but I would like to listen to the show on the go, on my iPhone, no messing about ... Can I currently do this? Is Albion Roar on iTunes?

Also, get it out there on Twitter more - I see you only have 303 followers. Personally I use Twitter for most of my Albion news these days. Not sure about other people.

We also got a lot of attention from being on the NewsNow aggrigator; let me know if you want us to post a link every week via our website (sorry, I don't know how to get on NewsNow, we just appeared on there one day).

Any way we can help, let us know.

Albion Roar is on iTunes. Go to 'Podcast' and type in our name. The previous half a dozen shows or so should be on there - possibly more (I don't know - mine is automatically updated).

We've had a Twitter account for a while, but only just started using properly it in the last six weeks. We've gone from 140 to 300 followers in that time. I never really used Twitter before. We do promote it for interactive use when we're live - but we often get zero response.

One problem I have is I can't get Twitter at work - they treat us like shit around here. :(

I do suspect (based on the timings of the comments we get) most people who listen do so on podcast later in the week, rather than live on radio.

Is this Sam or Stefan? Either way, I'll find you tomorrow and talk to you about other media. Bit of a Luddite, me.

Last edited:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
i enjoy the show and think that the light hearted approach works well.
For me you don't represent anything other than your own views on all things Albion. i'm always interested to hear the opinions of fans that actually attend games. Having said that I think the show works best when you are the fans and the interview is with from someone from the club as a pose to another fan.
Not sure about about the reference to Gulls eye, sorry but I don't think I've ever heard either of you say anything remotely controversial. I don't think a 'Gulls eye' approach is really necessary at the moment, especially when the biggest thing fans have to moan about is not being able to get a balti pie!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Someone suggested that we are (or could be) an updated version of Gull's Eye.

As Senator Lloyd Bentsen would probably have said, "I knew Gull's Eye, Gull's Eye was a friend of mine. Albion Roar, you're no Gulls's Eye."

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I really enjoy it - look forward to it every week. Especially good when you get someone like MP on. The only criticism I have is that neither of you seem to go to many away games, and hence discussion after such games is extremely limited. Would be good to get someone on who actually attended a match you are discussing! However, my over-riding view is that it's good as it is, and don't try to change too much.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You do a great job Al and I don't think it should be up to you to interogate Richard Hebbard. That's not your job and why should you do it ? It's down to the club to sort this mess out. I went on once and I throroughly enjoyed it. Great guy's and a great show. Keep it up Al.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Always download the podcast and enjoy the show.... BUT could you caugh away from the microphones please!

Think the show is good how it is and the guests are normally very good.

D

Deleted User X18H

Have never heard it, when's it on & how do we listen to it.

It's on occasional Sunday evenings. The same bloke rings in as Gangsta Al, Malcolm from the 1901 club and Gus Poyet. All very predictable. There is also Hugo and Beach Hut on Skype.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I click on The Albion Roar website and listen to it ever Sunday evening before I spunk my dollars on NSC Poker.
Superb show, dont know Al or Ady, but enjoy the banter and their views, and most of the guests are good to listen to.
Derek Chapman, Martin Perry, Mrs Piglet to name but three were good.
The show two weeks ago with the lads from Albion In The Community was brilliant, a very humbling listen.
It aint broke, dont try to fix it, keep on as you are.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Yep, agree about the bickering, it can be tedious listening to Alan tell of Ady and patronise him every week.

It's come on a long way other than that, particularly good when there's big guests on. Did i hear Gary Hart is up next? That should be interesting

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
As an exile, I'm really grateful that you do the podcast. You're both doing a really fine job.

I think you could do a bit more research into opponents, match previews/reviews etc. For someone like myself who only gets to a handful of games a season that kind of stuff is always what I like listening to. The Peterborough podcast chaps do this really well.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One other suggestion, never say football is better than sex as that highlights what a crap sex life you have.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The ones ive heard i thought were decent, didnt realise was still going. Never see the links posted anymore .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think we just needed to know - or have it confirmed - where we stand regarding being a 'voicepiece'.

Couldn't you do a phone-in? Then you'd be a 'ringpiece'.

Um, sensible suggestion, couldn't you maybe put the show out on the Sunday rather than the Saturday? Current timeslot means you clash with Football Focus and people's pre-match pre-loading. Also if it was on the Sunday, you'd be discussing the game we'd just seen, rather than one thats a week old.

You have not been charged for this sensible suggestion - tho a pint of Kronie wouldn't go amiss :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports