Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The albion let down disabled supporters tonight

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
sorry but 300k is more important than 40 car spaces, im sure a little extra walk is not going to be hard even if disable (im not being a **** for saying this as my mum is disabled with a blue badge for parking)
Extra walk not hard ? f*** me I've heard it all now, how do you know how hard it will be ? What if they can't walk ? I'm sorry but just because your mum has a disabled badge does not exclude you from being a "####"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm struggling to believe that the view from inside the stadium was blocked by cameras. Really struggling to believe that could be allowed to happen.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I'm struggling to believe that the view from inside the stadium was blocked by cameras. Really struggling to believe that could be allowed to happen.
It did where i was for a while mate but as I said before the cameraman used a bit of common sense when he realised the little boy in front of me was crying because he couldn't see anything so fair play to him

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A steadicam operator running up and down the sidelines to catch the action will get in the way of fans in the front rows following the game too. The game was also shown in 3D on Sky , most of those cameras are sited at ground level around the pitch as this is the optimum viewing angle for people watching at home.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
This whole Sky thing has gone a bit Dad's Army. I hope the club read this thread and act pronto to avoid further embarrassment.

I think it is fair to say that anyone would be annoyed if their parking space was taken with no alternative space available. This appears to have been poorly handled. :dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club thinks NSCers are shit stirrers at the best of times , it will be all swept under the carpet.

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
, im sure a little extra walk is not going to be hard even if disable (im not being a **** for saying this as my mum is disabled with a blue badge for parking)

what a twat thing to say,its quite common that those who are disabled have the reassurance that they know where they are parking and what the journey from A to B will involve and what ones limitations are ,you suddenly change all that at a drop of a hat without any warning and it becomes a very anxious time for someone who is disabled,so yes you are a **** and a massive one at that

We cant turn down that sort of money for 40 people if we want to be a progressive club. What we should have done though, is informed the affected supporters beforehand and offered alternatives.
I'm at a loss to understand why it has to be the disabled supporters who have to move. Why not 40 cars driven by people who could much more easily be relocated?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm at a loss to understand why it has to be the disabled supporters who have to move. Why not 40 cars driven by people who could much more easily be relocated?

Have you ever tried moving a production studio and HD video recording equipment? Imagine moving house and telling the removal firm to park down the road from your house - Wouldnt happen!

In all seriousness, I do agree with you. I just hope that the supporters who were affected report this to the club and not just on here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Shut up.

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

Have you ever tried moving a production studio and HD video recording equipment? Imagine moving house and telling the removal firm to park down the road from your house - Wouldnt happen!

In all seriousness, I do agree with you. I just hope that the supporters who were affected report this to the club and not just on here.

Actually, the place to report this is Building Control at B&HCC who currently contend that 46 allocated disabled spaces adjacent to the stadium and 34 at the University of Sussex meets the statutory requirements for disabled parking, even though the university parking doesn't form part of their "available" parking calculations. Taking 40 away for SKY, or anyone else, blows a hole in even their position, however tenuous it might be.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
They really need someone to take control of the WHOLE parking situation.

NO, they really don't. Be careful what you wish for.

The entrances & exits need increasing/redesigning, the buses need to be filled and prioritised to leave quicker and the parking stewards need to all sing from the same hymnsheet (some are great!). And health & safety needs further serious consideration before someone gets killed by a bus - it is manic and shockingly dangerous after a game.

But we do not need a scammer carrying out their fake PCN protection racket, which is what they will get if they fall for someone offering to 'take control of the whole parking situation'.

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Bad situation, but remember we are essentially in a bedding in period.. Yes, shit for those involved but the club will notice. Arguing about the rights and wrongs won't help matters, just realise it wasn't ideal..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bad situation, but remember we are essentially in a bedding in period.. Yes, shit for those involved but the club will notice. Arguing about the rights and wrongs won't help matters, just realise it wasn't ideal..

best sum up of events so far,obvious cock up and there are a few teething problems with the Amex,its surely good we have a forum to air these problems,lets hope the club actually listen

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
sorry but 300k is more important than 40 car spaces, im sure a little extra walk is not going to be hard even if disable (im not being a **** for saying this as my mum is disabled with a blue badge for parking)

your mum obviously needs a blue badge for parking to be near where she wants to go so why dont you go with her on her next visit to the supermarket and at the last minute tell her she cant use the disabled bays but has to bugger off somewhere completely unknown to her and at an unknown distance away from where she wants to be...but say " dont worry mum the extra walk will do you good...you dont need that blue badge after all do you mummy look how far you can walk"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
NO, they really don't. Be careful what you wish for.

The entrances & exits need increasing/redesigning, the buses need to be filled and prioritised to leave quicker and the parking stewards need to all sing from the same hymnsheet (some are great!). And health & safety needs further serious consideration before someone gets killed by a bus - it is manic and shockingly dangerous after a game.

But we do not need a scammer carrying out their fake PCN protection racket, which is what they will get if they fall for someone offering to 'take control of the whole parking situation'.

Err... I think we're arguing the same point. There needs to be a series of measures put in place to control traffic leaving the site, they all need to be in tune with eachother.

They seem to have nailed it once you've actually left the car park. That works well. It's the bit before that which needs attention. Not one part of the parking situation is controlled enough at the moment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

How do you expect matches to be covered for live TV without that happening at pitchside. For any proper match coverage, these days there'll always be a camera low on the near side plus a steadicam roaming the touchline. It's unfortunately just something fans will have to get used to - as they've had to at every ground in the country - unless we're saying we don't want any games televised.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How do you expect matches to be covered for live TV without that happening at pitchside. For any proper match coverage, these days there'll always be a camera low on the near side plus a steadicam roaming the touchline. It's unfortunately just something fans will have to get used to - as they've had to at every ground in the country - unless we're saying we don't want any games televised.

That's not what I'm saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here