Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Eston hills

Aug 6, 2014
Blah blah blah, you have beaten us on attendances for 4 years out of 25/30/40 years? And are now massive? Tickets mean **** all, a season in the premiership is 10 years gate reciepts. I'd rather have memories of seeing Boro in the Olympic stadium I'm Rome or at a European cup final than talk shop about how good the gate was. Cardiff In the league cup final or the fa cup fina v chelseal. Travelling to sporting Lisbon or Stuttgart, bearing Man U, chelsea, Liverpool, and man city 8-1. Winning a uefa cup quarter final or semi in the last minute. Spending 8 seasons out the premier league in 23 seasons, ain't bad for a small team in the north east.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Blah blah blah, you have beaten us on attendances for 4 years out of 25/30/40 years? And are now massive? Tickets mean **** all, a season in the premiership is 10 years gate reciepts. I'd rather have memories of seeing Boro in the Olympic stadium I'm Rome or at a European cup final than talk shop about how good the gate was. Cardiff In the league cup final or the fa cup fina v chelseal. Travelling to sporting Lisbon or Stuttgart, bearing Man U, chelsea, Liverpool, and man city 8-1. Winning a uefa cup quarter final or semi in the last minute. Spending 8 seasons out the premier league in 23 seasons, ain't bad for a small team in the north east.

You've been spending far too much time around Liverpool fans.

Eston hills

Aug 6, 2014
You've been spending far too much time around Liverpool fans.

We have had 6 shocking ing seasons and have not spent cash since Strachey blew millions on jocks, Scott macdonalds and the like on 27k a week . The first time we do we have brighton having a go. Yes we're spending but our wage bill is a fraction of what it was 4 years ago. Is most likely less than yours. Good luck for the season anyhow, most Boro fans have not been looking forward to a season as much as this for over 10 years

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good for you, so pleased.
Luckily we live in a lovely area of the country, have the liveliest city in the South (bar London) , the best ground in the Championship, the biggest crowds in the Championship (10th in leagues including Prem) the number one academy now Cat 1. We are enjoying ourselves thank you, perhaps visit another forum and try pissing on their fireworks.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bit embarassing reading this thread. Never had a problem with Boro. If this lad chooses to stay up north because it's easier for him then so what, move on. I would rather Boro do well than the likes of Forest.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

That's some great memories to have. I hope we can one day match that. Good luck for the season ahead.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Enough of the ridiculous willy waving ffs.
Boro have a far better history than us, and seeing as they're squad is probably going to be competing for the play offs, I hope like ours, there future is every bit as bright.

If anyone is deluded enough to imagine that Clayton will live in Middlesboro instead of some of the stunning countryside around it then you really need help.

Anyway, I take it he still hasn't signed yet?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Good for you mate. Some of the arrogance on this board is astonishing. Some of our fans believe that a good training facility and decent gates for three seasons entitles them to look down their noses at other clubs. They're deluded. Results are what matters. I love my club and it's journey but we've achieved bugger all yet compared to the likes of Boro and countless other clubs.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
What I have read previously (might not be up to date) is that we have the 5th best training facilities , the second best quality ground in the country after the Emirates (not on capacity obviously) we have a very vibrant city with beautiful surrounding countryside a large marina and plenty of golf courses . The quality of life for a player and his family are pretty important as well as the money so have we got the right man to sell these assets ? We don't seem to be too successful so far this season .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Wow... This is a depressing thread. Odd to pick Boro up on the FFP thing when there are far, far worse offenders (possibly still including us). I think if Clayton rocks up at Boro then he will be arriving at a club that could have a very good season.

I never like this "Why would any player choose [insert club] over Brighton?" nonsense. Good luck to Boro, they've probably earned a good season after their last few.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Has he definitely signed for Boro then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow... This is a depressing thread. Odd to pick Boro up on the FFP thing when there are far, far worse offenders (possibly still including us). I think if Clayton rocks up at Boro then he will be arriving at a club that could have a very good season.

I never like this "Why would any player choose [insert club] over Brighton?" nonsense. Good luck to Boro, they've probably earned a good season after their last few.

I believe that they are full of confidence, have faith in their new manager. All a bit reminiscent of us under Poyet during our second season at the Amex. Good luck to them, I'm a bit jealous, I expect them to have a much better season than us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I believe that they are full of confidence, have faith in their new manager. All a bit reminiscent of us under Poyet during our second season at the Amex. Good luck to them, I'm a bit jealous, I expect them to have a much better season than us.

In theory, I agree on all counts. The problem is that I find it difficult to judge anyone against us as I genuinely have no idea how we'll do this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No issues with Boro. Good solid club who's history is not questionable.

Met a few of their lot and always been more than decent

Hope they do alright

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
See via local Huddersfield reporter
"Mark Robins says Adam Clayton will train with #htafc today and is expected to be available for game against Bournemouth."

[tweet]497671905655394304[/tweet]

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Interesting. Seems like the "insight" of him definitely coming to us then Boro was wide of the mark. Watch this space!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here