Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Huddersfield are being sensible and will not sell him until they have a replacement in place. Butterfield doesn't seem to want to move in the opposite direction, why would anyone want to leave a training ground with a 5* hotel and spa and the longest golf course in Europe, so Clayton is still a Huddersfield player for now.

Question is will Boro move on if they can't get him in?

Seems this one isn't over yet.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Curiouser and curiouser ?

I'm not really sure what to make of this Adam Clayton business. A few days ago we were about to welcome him here, then he was off to Middlesborough.....then nothing!
Are we still in there perhaps, muddying the waters of his latest proposed move ? It's a bit intriguing. ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Perhaps we are still in the hunt then. If the Boro deal was dependent on Butterfield going the other way, and he doesn't want to, then Huddersfield will just look for the best bid.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Curiouser and curiouser ?

I'm not really sure what to make of this Adam Clayton business. A few days ago we were about to welcome him here, then he was off to Middlesborough.....then nothing!
Are we still in there perhaps, muddying the waters of his latest proposed move ? It's a bit intriguing. ???

I'm intrigued as well.

As far as we know, Clayton was going to Middlesbrough for Money + a Player, however, in the mean time Huddersfield bought a central midfielder perhaps meaning that they do no need to the player from 'Boro anymore but have instead asked for the money upfront to match our offer. Or alternatively that the player from 'Boro to Huddersfield couldn't agree terms with Huddlesfield? That is often the reason why these money plus player swap deals never go through.

Odd, but the fact he hasn't joined us as an alternative might suggest that he is not very keen, or that we never made a suitable offer.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm intrigued as well.

As far as we know, Clayton was going to Middlesbrough for Money + a Player, however, in the mean time Huddersfield bought a central midfielder perhaps meaning that they do no need to the player from 'Boro anymore but have instead asked for the money upfront to match our offer. Or alternatively that the player from 'Boro to Huddersfield couldn't agree terms with Huddlesfield? That is often the reason why these money plus player swap deals never go through.

Odd, but the fact he hasn't joined us as an alternative might suggest that he is not very keen, or that we never made a suitable offer.

Or that it's just another example of a player/agent holding out to see which of the 3, if not more, clubs he can fleece for the most money.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Huddersfield are being sensible and will not sell him until they have a replacement in place. Butterfield doesn't seem to want to move in the opposite direction, why would anyone want to leave a training ground with a 5* hotel and spa and the longest golf course in Europe, so Clayton is still a Huddersfield player for now.

Question is will Boro move on if they can't get him in?

Seems this one isn't over yet.

I thought they brought in there replacement already the other day?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28680725

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I'm intrigued as well.

If I was Butterfield and I was being asked to move in these circumstances I would be pushing my wage demands to the limit knowing both clubs are relying on my decision to get this move finalised. I might even ask my existing club for a sweetener....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Enough of the ridiculous willy waving ffs.
Boro have a far better history than us, and seeing as they're squad is probably going to be competing for the play offs, I hope like ours, there future is every bit as bright.

If anyone is deluded enough to imagine that Clayton will live in Middlesboro instead of some of the stunning countryside around it then you really need help.

Anyway, I take it he still hasn't signed yet?

Agreed, noway Clayton would live in the same slums as the fans, 3 bed semi for him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Onto the next unrealistic target, those who think we will spend 2M on a player please wake up from your dreams

We've just spent £1m + on a GK and if reports are to be believed matched the fee for Clayton. We have Ulloa funds. And the chairman as recently as Tues said again we will make further signings. Why do you have to be in dreamland to think we wouldn't spend £2m+ or break our transfer record before August 31 to bring in the right players. Especially as one of them will be a first choice, 35 game a year striker.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We've just spent £1m + on a GK and if reports are to be believed matched the fee for Clayton. We have Ulloa funds. And the chairman as recently as Tues said again we will make further signings. Why do you have to be in dreamland to think we wouldn't spend £2m+ or break our transfer record before August 31 to bring in the right players. Especially as one of them will be a first choice, 35 game a year striker.

We will wait and see but don't hold your breath

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think by the end of the transfer window we will have a few decent new signings.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

get a grip NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here