Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Keep the faith, it is early days still. I understand the season has kicked off and players are leaving but i strongly believe that behind closed doors the club are working very hard on player recruitment. I'd expect to see movement this week, perhaps even today/tomorrow as the Buckley deal has now gone through and we have a larger cash pot to play with

Sorry but didn't you say last week that you expected us to announce a signing on Saturday ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's crap anyway. *desperation*

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Sorry but didn't you say last week that you expected us to announce a signing on Saturday ???

Expected movement, and McCourt came for his trial. Watch this space, more things happening this week. Reason to keep the faith!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Expected movement, and Clayton came for his trial. Watch this space, more things happening this week. Reason to keep the faith!

Clayton came for a trial :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Maybe the club didn't sign Clayton because he wasn't considered to be good enough for us?:down:

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
D'oh! Typo! I meant McCourt :ohmy:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't think we'll sign anybody and will go with what we've got.

Then we will almost certainly be relegated. If the club are really prepared to risk this more fool them.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
But Bury are in for him, so it might be hard to secure his services.

Considering he is in Brighton, present at the last match and training with the club it looks like we are the front runners

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Then we will almost certainly be relegated. If the club are really prepared to risk this more fool them.

That's my opinion anyway. Everywhere I look I see clubs doing their Christmas shopping early and it seems we'll be waiting for the January sales at best but Mr Bloom has stated that he hates shopping in January.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some Boro fans on twitter think Butterfield is the better player and are a bit pissed at this deal

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Some Boro fans on twitter think Butterfield is the better player and are a bit pissed at this deal

I totally agree with this. Very impressed by Butterfield whenever I have seen him, whereas Clayton to me is Crofts with slightly better passing range.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here