Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

D

Deleted member 22389

I've heard that an Albion player confirmed it was Clayton this afternoon at the Amex after a steward asked him!

I bloody hope he wasn't at the game though. He'll be on the first train up North otherwise!

Last thing I read Clayton was going to Middlesborough
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-signing-huddersfield-midfielder-adam-clayton

Stranger things have happened thou. Hopefully he takes a visit down here, sees the stadium, sees the training groud, sees the crowds, see the local area, what is not to like, and yes a bit more money.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Karanka revealed every player must prove they are 100 per cent committed to the club before signing.
“We are in negotiations, but I’m not in a position to say at the moment what will happen,”
“We will start to speak to other players if we know that he has said no, but at the moment we are speaking to him."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbroughold/11402285.Clayton_discussions_continue_as_Middlesbrough_close_in_on_Chelsea_starlet_Bamford/?ref=mry

So basically the local papers are all full of sh*t, they were saying yesterday that he's had a medical.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Good grief - so this one still rumbles on. Extraordinary saga. If by some miracle he does end up down here he had better be worth all this discussion.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So basically the local papers are all full of sh*t, they were saying yesterday that he's had a medical.
Maybe he has had a medical, doesn't mean he's going to sign, Grabban had one for us.

What is interesting in that article is that they won't sign him unless he proves he 100% wants to play for boro. I would suggest he has already proved otherwise by failing to turn up for the first two medicals.

Who is this striker Kamara that seems to be pissed off at boro? Is he any good?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good grief - so this one still rumbles on. Extraordinary saga. If by some miracle he does end up down here he had better be worth all this discussion.

God forbid he comes here. It will end up over 100 pages long. Naylor will be a man ITK again and Burke will be hailed as a god. TB will be hailed as a great poker player again although i doubt this has got sod all to do with anything. We will be in melt down

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Clayton has joined Boro for cash plus Butterfield

#WeGoAgain

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's another missed out on.

Oh, and another attacking midfielder Bozza hinted we were after, Filip Kostic, has now signed for Stuttgart as well. Time to look even further down that list....

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Keep the faith, it is early days still. I understand the season has kicked off and players are leaving but i strongly believe that behind closed doors the club are working very hard on player recruitment. I'd expect to see movement this week, perhaps even today/tomorrow as the Buckley deal has now gone through and we have a larger cash pot to play with

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Keep the faith, it is early days still. I understand the season has kicked off and players are leaving but i strongly believe that behind closed doors the club are working very hard on player recruitment. I'd expect to see movement this week, perhaps even today/tomorrow as the Buckley deal has now gone through and we have a larger cash pot to play with
Hahahaha

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

ok mate

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Seems he is pleased.....

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 13.57.37.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here