Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Am I being a little controversial here and I formed this opinion before he joins or not, why do we need another central midfielder ?, we have loads, Ince, Crofts, JFC, Stephens, Kemy, and a couple of good young ones coming through, rather spend money on a good defender or forward. Don't think Clayton is better than what we got to be honest.

Well it's being controversial with me :)

If we're putting Agustien anywhere near the first team I reckon that's proof enough we're short of quality

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Am I missing something, this is the Adam Clayton you're talking about here? The man who has established himself as a journeyman footballer at the age of 25? I wouldn't be too excited whichever way this goes if I were you lot.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Am I missing something, this is the Adam Clayton you're talking about here? The man who has established himself as a journeyman footballer at the age of 25? I wouldn't be too excited whichever way this goes if I were you lot.

I think now we're all just hoping we'll sign someone who can at least , kick a football a bit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clayton is an excellent footballer. Would've loved it if he'd joined us, but can't be arsed to rubbish him if he doesn't. This would have been a much smaller story for us if Naylor hadn't got it so wrong with his Argus article about the 3 about to sign.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It certainly looks like him and would fit in with rumour re him not turning up for another medical. Dare we hope...?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
okay thats that then transfer over, surely naylor's job is getting close to being on the line after none of the three targets have signed for us...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Looks like that guy has a tattoo on his right arm.

Clayton apparently has no tattoos on either arm...

It looks more like the design of the jumper to me. Looks too symmetrical to be tattoo sleeves. Just my opinion though. Time will te I suppose.

Edit: and it looks like his Boro switch is a done deal according to the above

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here