Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 15th Annual REMF Challenge Match. The Amex Stadium. Monday 30th May 2016. 6pm

I'm inclined to think that this is not a fixture that needs to be bogged down in rules. We've always managed to avoid the game being too one-sided and yesterday's result (a narrow victory/defeat, with the winner being scored a few minutes before the final whistle) seems to confirm that.

Personally, I'm sorry not to have been there - a bout of some sort of lurgi overcame me, but well done to everyone who took part. Next year at Selhurst?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Spoke to Jim Daly (the Palace right back at the start) - "I didn't mind being put in at right back as long as I didn't have to face a speedy winger... That lad (Kyle Woolven) just kept flying past me. So I thought 'sod it, I'll kick him'. So I did, and if anything, he got faster. I knew he was going to score at some point, and I'm delighted it was after I came off..."

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well done, all.

I trust plans are afoot to sign Zamora for next year?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I could be wrong, and this might have been covered elsewhere, but did the young man who was attacked at Haywards Heath station a few weeks ago attend last night as one of the Palace mascots? He seemed to be having a great time, and it was nice to see a big smile on his face before kick-off and when the teams shook hands.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I liked our Bruno lookalike in defence. Thought he did rather well.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I could be wrong, and this might have been covered elsewhere, but did the young man who was attacked at Haywards Heath station a few weeks ago attend last night as one of the Palace mascots? He seemed to be having a great time, and it was nice to see a big smile on his face before kick-off and when the teams shook hands.

He was indeed one of our mascots. He got pictures with AJ and Derry and looked to be having a great night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What did you think about the pen awarded to Zaha's lookilike mate?
Our lot thought it was a classic dive:)

I thought it WAS a pen tbh.

The more contentious call was disallowing our equaliser in injury time.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I thought it WAS a pen tbh.

The more contentious call was disallowing our equaliser in injury time.

Right in line with it - the fella had feck all chance of it not hitting his hand - but what a finish:goal:

The fifty Palarce fans sat around us(including the baby ultras's:kiss:)gave a HUGE sigh of relief :ohmy:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right in line with it - the fella had feck all chance of it not hitting his hand - but what a finish:goal:

:

Exactly - smashed at him from about two feet. Had that been a defender, there is absolutely NO way the lino would have signalled a penalty, so should have been the same logic.

We woz robbed, etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kyle plays for Newhaven Town.

Nice to see Dodge call him over to the touchline first half and presumably have a quiet word about looking up occasionally and considering a pass to a well-positioned team mate. Seemed to work, bless him, cos next time he got the ball in a promising position he did just that, and the move went pear-shaped.Oh well, still good advice in the general scheme of things.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

[tweet]737557301217755136[/tweet]

[tweet]737587045984411650[/tweet]

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Here's my take on a great evening . Firstly it was very well organised and when we got in got a drink and found a seat we couldn't believe it PADDED SEATS !!! Pure luxury ! While the players were warming up I noticed Steve browett down the front so I went down to speak to him , a very nice fella he is too and he said his son was starting next to Sean Derry which was a nice moment for them . Just before the teams came out a video montage was shown , which I didn't care much about :glare: , then fat boy slim started pumping out as the teams came out . It was great to see young Dan leading the players .
The first half was end to end with you young FAST winger the star of the show , as many have mentioned . Our stand out player initially was the hairy fella on the other wing who was very quick but his brain couldn't keep up with him :) . You deservedly took a two goal lead and went in at 2-0 quite comfortable , it was gonna be a tough second half !
I have since heard that Sean Derry gave a storming half time speech and we came out a better more determined side . The game too and froed with both mid fields getting stuck in , Derry had a right battle with your no 6 and no 22 ( both good players ) the no 6 had to with those boots :mad:.
Once we scored it was game on ant the equaliser came at the right time for us . We changed things and put a player on your flying winger which stemmed the flow abit but we occasionally trebled up on him :wink: he was still a danger though .
Then you made a substitution and bought on no 17 who got abit of stick from around me , but his diving header nearly became a assist :wink:
As time was running out we worked the ball well and Sean put aj away who in turn rounded the goalie for the winner image.jpeg
I've missed that celebration
You could tell at ft what it meant to the players and they celebrated , well who wouldn't . Then we thought we'd try dicks for the first time ( don't ) . While I was in there I met and had a nice chat with a Brighton fan who I found out was a star performer on the night :smile: he looked pleased with his cameo ! I didn't stay too long and it was just starting to get busy as we left . On the way out we bumped into Sean Derry and wished him all the best and that was that really .
All in all it was a very enjoyable evening , it was a shame I didn't meet a few of you there I made the effort and put my best dress on as well :wink:
The remf should be rightly proud of their efforts and I can only see this annual event getting bigger and better :clap2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It always brings a warm glow when you see events such as this. It make one realise what just being a football supporter can accomplish. Normally a defeat to Crystal Palace fills me with eternal gloom but on a night such as this I care little when I see how much has been raised. Long may it continue and well done to those who spend so much time making it a success.

Oh, that new pie was to die for.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It always brings a warm glow when you see events such as this. It make one realise what just being a football supporter can accomplish. Normally a defeat to Crystal Palace fills me with eternal gloom but on a night such as this I care little when I see how much has been raised. Long may it continue and well done to those who spend so much time making it a success.

Oh, that new pie was to die for.

Well said.

Especially the PIE bit. Was superb.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Here's my take on a great evening . Firstly it was very well organised and when we got in got a drink and found a seat we couldn't believe it PADDED SEATS !!! Pure luxury ! While the players were warming up I noticed Steve browett down the front so I went down to speak to him , a very nice fella he is too and he said his son was starting next to Sean Derry which was a nice moment for them . Just before the teams came out a video montage was shown , which I didn't care much about :glare: , then fat boy slim started pumping out as the teams came out . It was great to see young Dan leading the players .
The first half was end to end with you young FAST winger the star of the show , as many have mentioned . Our stand out player initially was the hairy fella on the other wing who was very quick but his brain couldn't keep up with him :) . You deservedly took a two goal lead and went in at 2-0 quite comfortable , it was gonna be a tough second half !
I have since heard that Sean Derry gave a storming half time speech and we came out a better more determined side . The game too and froed with both mid fields getting stuck in , Derry had a right battle with your no 6 and no 22 ( both good players ) the no 6 had to with those boots :mad:.
Once we scored it was game on ant the equaliser came at the right time for us . We changed things and put a player on your flying winger which stemmed the flow abit but we occasionally trebled up on him :wink: he was still a danger though .
Then you made a substitution and bought on no 17 who got abit of stick from around me , but his diving header nearly became a assist :wink:
As time was running out we worked the ball well and Sean put aj away who in turn rounded the goalie for the winner View attachment 75317
I've missed that celebration
You could tell at ft what it meant to the players and they celebrated , well who wouldn't . Then we thought we'd try dicks for the first time ( don't ) . While I was in there I met and had a nice chat with a Brighton fan who I found out was a star performer on the night :smile: he looked pleased with his cameo ! I didn't stay too long and it was just starting to get busy as we left . On the way out we bumped into Sean Derry and wished him all the best and that was that really .
All in all it was a very enjoyable evening , it was a shame I didn't meet a few of you there I made the effort and put my best dress on as well :wink:
The remf should be rightly proud of their efforts and I can only see this annual event getting bigger and better :clap2:

Someone said on NSC that you were a girl so I assume from your post you are in mid exams.
I hope there is a fifty pence shop in croydon where you can seek employment next month :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here