Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's me DONE!! Not missed home game in 22 years. That's my Last!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When gritty was managing? or Having to drive up to Gillingham every couple of weeks.

Both. That season - the season after out last day survival at Hereford - was by far the worst and most clueless Albion team I've ever seen. We were saved by Doncaster being the worst team in the history of the Football League. All that and we had to drive to Gilligham to watch it.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The difference between the dark days at Gillingham and now is that we were playing players peanuts and had NO money, today we have players on £10k a week not giving two ****s about the shirt they put on. These players don't bleed blue and white, under Hyypia the passion, desire and fight has left the squad. I could understand players when we were in the bottom 2 divisions being poor, but we have players now who cant pass the ball, don't make runs and make comedy situations out of free kicks on the edge of the box, or put the ball in row Z. I am more pissed off this season than I have been for a long time. My decision is I will keep going but I fully understand those drifting away. At the moment the management team and some of the players do not deserve to earn the money they do or wear the blue and white stripes of the Albion. Bloom needs a reality check if he thinks Hyypia is the way forward, perhaps this will only sink in when season ticket renewals drop and revenue declines even more.

Last edited:

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Both. That season - the season after out last day survival at Hereford - was by far the worst and most clueless Albion team I've ever seen. We were saved by Doncaster being the worst team in the history of the Football League. All that and we had to drive to Gilligham to watch it.
But I'm not saying it's the team. You seriously think Hypia is not the worst manager we have had. He has no history. He has won 3 games out of 33! that is simply incompetent.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
The difference between the dark days at Gillingham and now is that we were playing players peanuts and had NO money, today we have players on £10k a week not giving two ****s about the shirt they put on. These players don't bleed blue and white, under Hyypia the passion, desire and fight has left the squad. I could understand players when we were in the bottom 2 divisions being poor, but we have players now who cant pass the ball, don't make runs and make comedy situations out of free kicks on the edge of the box, or put the ball in row Z. I am more pissed off this season than I have been for a long time. My decision is I will keep going but I fully understand those drifting away. At the moment the management team and some of the players do not deserve to earn the money they do or wear the blue and white stripes of the Albion. Bloom needs a reality check if he thinks Hyypia is the way forward, perhaps this will only sink when season ticket renewals drop and revenue declines even more.

Here is an example of someone with a clue!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But I'm not saying it's the team. You seriously think Hypia is not the worst manager we have had. He has no history. He has won 3 games out of 33! that is simply incompetent.

Before that, he'd had a good run at Leverkusen and, to be frank, I don't care what he did there. At Brighton, he's won 6 games in 23. Not great but more of a fact than you can offer. Are you saying we should sack him partly because of his Leverkusen record? Were you at the Leverkusen games as well as not missing a home game in the last 22 years as that's pretty impressive?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Jimmy Case was probably the worst. But that aside, it would still seem a very odd time to decide to give up and decide at that is your last ever game given some of the dross we've watched - and in some of the shit grounds - in the last 22 years.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Jimmy Case was probably the worst. But that aside, it would still seem a very odd time to decide to give up and decide at that is your last ever game given some of the dross we've watched - and in some of the shit grounds - in the last 22 years.

Read Jimmy Case's Autobiography before coming to that conclusion about him first please !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:tantrum: :flounce: You probably didn't the the 91 year old interviewed on the pitch before the game who hasn't missed a home game since 1947

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Before that, he'd had a good run at Leverkusen and, to be frank, I don't care what he did here. At Brighton, he's won 6 games in 23. Not great but more of a fact than you can offer. Are you saying we should sack him partly because of his Leverkusen record? Were you at the Leverkusen games as well as not missing a home game in the last 22 years as that's pretty impressive?

WHAT!! He had a good run at leverkusen when sami lee helped him. Sami Lee left and it went to shit! ! He has won 3 league games! You can count cup games if you like but not really telling us much? Why don't you care what he did as his previous job. Take it you don't employ people. Good idea to ask what they did before. Gives you an idea of what they will be like for you!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simple question. How many poster replying to this thread haven't missed a home game in that time? Just asking like.
Same number as if you include the OP.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
WHAT!! He had a good run at leverkusen when sami lee helped him. Sami Lee left and it went to shit! ! He has won 3 league games! You can count cup games if you like but not really telling us much? Why don't you care what he did as his previous job. Take it you don't employ people. Good idea to ask what they did before. Gives you an idea of what they will be like for you!!

If he'd been successful at Leverkusen, he wouldn't be here so mentioning it is pointless. Saying he won in the League Cup with us can't be counted but what he did at Leverkusen should be is frankly ridiculous. We also got further in the League Cup than in the last 35 years so it is relevant. If we'd lost to Cheltenham or Burton, I'm sure you would have counted it.

I'm not employing him, am I? I assume Tony Bloom looked at what he did at Leverkusen but it's not relevant to a decision on whether to keep him here or not. Also, it has no relevance to your bizarre thread?

Finally, who is Sami Lee? Do you mean Sammy Lee? If so, when was Sammy Lee at Leverkusen?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's not about the game it's about hypia. He has won 3 games in 33 matches. He is clueless. It's not about history. It's about him being the worst appointment we have ever seen!

Worst appointment we have ever seen not named 'Hinshelwood'.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It is a massive over reaction. If you seriously think this is the worst in that time, then you've got a very short memory. You think that losing to ex Premier League Fulham with an £11 million striker is worst than losing to 9 man Walsall, the first year at Gillingham (especially the 0-0 home draw with Doncaster) etc? Seriously? If so, the club are definitely better off without you.
We had a £18 million striker and still didn't win so whats your point? If you had said to me five years ago the likes of Vicente, Wayne Bridge, Darren Bent will be playing for Brighton I would of thought you were mad. We are not little old Brighton anymore which some supporters can't get over IMO.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The difference between the dark days at Gillingham and now is that we were playing players peanuts and had NO money, today we have players on £10k a week not giving two ****s about the shirt they put on. These players don't bleed blue and white

Yeah, football has moved on from that - there's no reason for players to 'bleed blue and white' - most have no ties to the club other than they are their employer. It may have been like that in the past but it's time to move on. For all our sakes.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We had a £18 million striker and still didn't win so whats your point? If you had said to me five years ago the likes of Vicente, Wayne Bridge, Darren Bent will be playing for Brighton I would of thought you were mad. We are not little old Brighton anymore which some supporters can't get over IMO.

Sorry, where did I say I was happy with where we are? Or that we're little old Brighton? All I said was saying you're not going to games anymore as a result of today was a massive over reaction.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
If he'd been successful at Leverkusen, he wouldn't be here so mentioning it is pointless. Saying he won in the League Cup with us can't be counted but what he did at Leverkusen should be is frankly ridiculous. We also got further in the League Cup than in the last 35 years so it is relevant. If we'd lost to Cheltenham or Burton, I'm sure you would have counted it.

I'm not employing him, am I? I assume Tony Bloom looked at what he did at Leverkusen but it's not relevant to a decision on whether to keep him here or not. Also, it has no relevance to your bizarre thread?

Finally, who is Sami Lee? Do you mean Sammy Lee? If so, when was Sammy Lee at Leverkusen?

So let me get this correct. If he hadn't been shit at leverkusen we wouldn't have him. So the fact he was shit has no relevance on whether we should have signed him? and because he won against Burton and Cheltenham he is a great manager. okay?

And No I didn't mean SAMMY LEE. My mistake. I meant levendosski. Or whoever the guy was at leverkusen that managed with Hypia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here