Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's me DONE!! Not missed home game in 22 years. That's my Last!!!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It was always enjoyable and about the football. No longer I'm afraid!!
I disagree, it wasn't always enjoyable, but we stuck with it because we are SUPPORTERS. Not folk that go out on a Saturday afternoon just to make ourselves feel good. Try to back the club, or of course if you wish go....but no need to announce your departure, who else would care?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Times like these demand a gesture of some kind however futile. Enjoy your Christmas shopping.

Don't tell me you are going to stop going as well, are you ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't tell me you are going to stop going as well, are you ?

Looks like I might make a few games if people are going to get the hump and not use their season tickets. Cold pies and warm Harveys, bring it on.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Before that, he'd had a good run at Leverkusen and, to be frank, I don't care what he did there. At Brighton, he's won 6 games in 23. Not great but more of a fact than you can offer. Are you saying we should sack him partly because of his Leverkusen record? Were you at the Leverkusen games as well as not missing a home game in the last 22 years as that's pretty impressive?

6 games you say? The important stat is 3 wins in 19 games. Simply not good enough. Relegation form.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
6 games you say? The important stat is 3 wins in 19 games. Simply not good enough. Relegation form.

If you read my posts, I'm pretty much saying the same thing. He's going on about his defeats with Leverkusen. They are irrelevant to me. So I was just showing what you can do with stats.

As you say, 3 wins in 19 games in the league is poor. So why not just say that rather than including his time at Leverkusen?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If you read my posts, I'm pretty much saying the same thing. He's going on about his defeats with Leverkusen. They are irrelevant to me. So I was just showing what you can do with stats.

As you say, 3 wins in 19 games in the league is poor. So why not just say that rather than including his time at Leverkusen?

I am not including his time at Leverkusen. He was shit there and got the sack, he's been shit here and should get the sack. I think we are on the same page. However if I was going to employ someone, I would look at their past history. I do appreciate its hard with managers, because the unemployed ones are generally unemployed because they have been on a bad run and subsequently sacked. My opinion is TB took risks by employing GP and OG as they lacked experience of managing in England. However those appointments worked. This one hasn't, not sure TB will face his mistake and fire SH. I hope he does as time is a really big factor now for us. Regarding not going again, its a personal choice, I will continue to support the team whoever is manager, we have been through worse but I respect @ tommyknockers choice.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Looks like I might make a few games if people are going to get the hump and not use their season tickets. Cold pies and warm Harveys, bring it on.

Or....Giant.Bratwurst and Craft pale, cherry plum porter and saison . There are options. Not supporting the Albion is not an option.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am not including his time at Leverkusen. He was shit there and got the sack, he's been shit here and should get the sack. I think we are on the same page. However if I was going to employ someone, I would look at their past history. I do appreciate its hard with managers, because the unemployed ones are generally unemployed because they have been on a bad run and subsequently sacked. My opinion is TB took risks by employing GP and OG as they lacked experience of managing in England. However those appointments worked. This one hasn't, not sure TB will face his mistake and fire SH. I hope he does as time is a really big factor now for us. Regarding not going again, its a personal choice, I will continue to support the team whoever is manager, we have been through worse but I respect @ tommyknockers choice.

My post, that you quoted, wasn't in reply to you. I was illustrating the point I was making.

I'm not even arguing with the calls for Hyypia to be sacked. What I do think is ridiculous is claiming to have been to every home game for 22 years and stopping now of all times. If he's not on a wind up (which I think is likely), then I don't respect his plan but it's up to him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was always enjoyable and about the football. No longer I'm afraid!!
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and put this politely. You're not being honest with yourself/us. Firstly, are you seriously saying that you never missed a single game, even when we were boycotting because of Archer et al? Regardless, it certainly wasn't always enjoyable. Some of the stuff I've watched over the years barely resembled football at all. I went because it's my club and I support it, and if you consider yourself a supporter, then you should be doing the same now.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
My post, that you quoted, wasn't in reply to you. I was illustrating the point I was making.

I'm not even arguing with the calls for Hyypia to be sacked. What I do think is ridiculous is claiming to have been to every home game for 22 years and stopping now of all times. If he's not on a wind up (which I think is likely), then I don't respect his plan but it's up to him.

:thumbsup:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I disagree, it wasn't always enjoyable, but we stuck with it because we are SUPPORTERS. Not folk that go out on a Saturday afternoon just to make ourselves feel good. Try to back the club, or of course if you wish go....but no need to announce your departure, who else would care?

Ha Ha, who else indeed?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Of all the lows in those 22 years and you choose THIS as the point to give up?

Crikey.

Whilst I agree with you everybody has a tipping point, a 'final straw' moment if you like. At least through most of Tommy's 22 years we knew we were shit and thus could probably treat the bad times with a certain degree of equanimity. Plus of course there were always the various campaigns going on which took the focus off the on-field results to a certain extent. (Sometimes a very large extent).

I have an element of sympathy with him. After the relative glories of the last few years (including the last year at Withdean) this is a nasty shock. I know football is cyclical and you have to take the rough with the smooth, but this does seem to be a very steep decline.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Your bit in bold is a very good point. There's been plenty of whinging on this board about being referred to as customers - even though the PB's comment was taken out of context - yet the difference between fans/supporters and customers is that the latter will stop going if the entertainment level drops; the former will turn up week in week out even if they know that it's probably going to be a shit game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I will not be going until the club either gets a new manager or just plays without one. Either way we are better off!!
Go and shout at Hyypia for 90 minutes, you've got the best of both worlds then. You'll still be able to keep up your impressive record and help to contribute towards the removal of Hyypia.

Better than not going I reckon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ooooout!! The draaaama. Go on then, eff off.

He may have his nockers, but I quite like tommy. Tho after 22 years with nothing else going on in his life it HAS to be odds-on that we're looking at a massive un-flounce before the Millwall game :lol:

Rock ON tommy :thumbsup:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
But I'm not saying it's the team. You seriously think Hypia is not the worst manager we have had. He has no history. He has won 3 games out of 33! that is simply incompetent.

I think most people would agree that Hyppia is proving to be one of our worst managerial appointments but is withdrawing your support from your club really a worthwhile point to make. Managers come and go and Hyppia will go at some point thats guaranteed so why not keep turning up and take out your angst at the match?

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I will always back the club and I will listen from home. As to who else cares. I think it's remarkable how wound up people are getting about my decision not to go for a while. So it appears lots of people. I frankly couldn't care who cares on here. Just find it amusing how clueless a lot of people are who think they are some sort of Albion god.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
He may have his nockers, but I quite like tommy. Tho after 22 years with nothing else going on in his life it HAS to be odds-on that we're looking at a massive un-flounce before the Millwall game :lol:

Rock ON tommy :thumbsup:

Thanks but if I haven't got anything in my life. I think having a picture of murry as your profile makes me think you may also be missing a few things.;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here