Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's how you deal with racism at a match

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Is it the right thing to do though?

What about the majority of the crowd, who travelled and paid good money to watch a game of football, only for a small minority to ruin it?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yep, bunch of c*nts. How can Italy still be so 18th Century? Stunning.

Why do you say that? There are plenty of grounds still left in Britain where that could happen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

What about the majority of the crowd, who travelled and paid good money to watch a game of football, only for a small minority to ruin it?

I'm sorry, but we're in 2013 and nothing else has worked up to now in Italy? Yes, it's not great for the rest of the crowd, but then you could say neither was the snapping of the Goldstone crossbars in 1996, but it puts the spotlight on these imbeciles more than staying on the pitch and playing on, which apparently achieves nothing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The team in question (Aurora Pro Patria 1919) used to have black players, and other foreigners up until 2010, now their entire squad is Italian

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Good lad, think i would do the same to be honest! Italy needs to sort this out,.....

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The team in question (Aurora Pro Patria 1919) used to have black players, and other foreigners up until 2010, now their entire squad is Italian

what if balotelli played for them?

be careful what you wish for. there have already been a number of suspicious accusations of racism that could well be malicious. unilaterally storming off could be the next big craze in football, morally snookering people for more sinister ends.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good on him. Nothing will change without people being forced to realise its completely unacceptable. f***ing idiots.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Good on him for taking a stand. Just wonder what would happen if the same thing happened in a competitive game with his team losing, i presume AC would have to forfeit the match?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Clarence Seedorf was just on the radio about this and made the point that the small amount of fans responsible should have been ejected from the ground so that the majority could carry on enjoying the match, rather than it being left to one of the teams to do something about it. I agree with him.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...

100% the right thing to do. If I was a player or manager, White or black and my teammates/I suffered racist abuse, I would pick up the ball and walk. There is NO PLACE for any racism on today's game and incidents of this sort (when it is from large numbers of the crowd especially) should not be tolerated. Why should footballers have different rules to other employees, who an report and deal with incidents of racism quite easily, just because people pay to watch their work? Granted, it is an extreme response, but ad FIFA are too disgustingly pathetic to take action on racism, this is the only way it can be truly dealt with.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
100% the right thing to do. If I was a player or manager, White or black and my teammates/I suffered racist abuse, I would pick up the ball and walk. There is NO PLACE for any racism on today's game and incidents of this sort (when it is from large numbers of the crowd especially) should not be tolerated. Why should footballers have different rules to other employees, who an report and deal with incidents of racism quite easily, just because people pay to watch their work? Granted, it is an extreme response, but ad FIFA are too disgustingly pathetic to take action on racism, this is the only way it can be truly dealt with.

Good post.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I've never understood why this hasn't happened more. Players should walk off wherever and whenever this happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here