That Glenn Murray is a very good player

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 3, 2012
Comedy GOLD from start to finish :lolol:

How many of the bottom half teams have you played at home, and how many away, with your 'phenomenal' record ???

If you EXPECT 9 points from those 5 fixtures ( 4 of them away ) you must surely be clinically deluded.

Time will tell but what I would say is that there's a long list of painful predictions on here that Palace can't do this, won't do that.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

How many of the bottom half teams have you played at home, and how many away, with your 'phenomenal' record ???

If you EXPECT 9 points from those 5 fixtures ( 4 of them away ) you must surely be clinically deluded.

Oh dear. Another one who's finding it hard to take that we're probably going to be a division above you next season. :tantrum:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Put it this way, even if we do get relegated which I now doubt. We will be a lot stronger than Brighton. Keep laughing as laughing at us has worked out so well so far :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh dear. Another one who's finding it hard to take that we're probably going to be a division above you next season. :tantrum:

Oh dear. Another palace troll who is blinded with delusion :guitar:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In contract until 2016 and now aged 30. Was a good player.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hate to say this (and believe me, I do) I think Palace are going to stay up. What it means for the youth academy to keep Pulis god only knows (one silver lining then) but I do think they are going to eb a division above us for at least one more season. If that's the case I don't rate chances for Murray getting games next season so... dare I say it.... might be worth getting back as cover for Ulloa...?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh dear. Another palace troll who is blinded with delusion :guitar:

Weren't you one of those who were saying that we'd be the worst team in the history of the Premier League? That we'd be challenging Derby for the lowest points total ever? That we'd be getting hammered every game and wishing we could trade places with you?

:dunce:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Weren't you one of those who were saying that we'd be the worst team in the history of the Premier League? That we'd be challenging Derby for the lowest points total ever?

I don't think I said that, but to be honest I may have thought it at the time. Seems reasonable given how poor you were.

That we'd be getting hammered every game and wishing we could trade places with you?

:dunce:

Nope - never said anything about trading places.

Tricky fixtures left now for palace, for sure, with all the home matches against the teams at the bottom already played.

Sunderland v Palace looks massive. Might even support Gus for that :mad:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weren't you one of those who were saying that we'd be the worst team in the history of the Premier League? That we'd be challenging Derby for the lowest points total ever?
If you'd have kept Worzel, it was a fair shout.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hate to say this (and believe me, I do) I think Palace are going to stay up. What it means for the youth academy to keep Pulis god only knows (one silver lining then) but I do think they are going to eb a division above us for at least one more season. If that's the case I don't rate chances for Murray getting games next season so... dare I say it.... might be worth getting back as cover for Ulloa...?

Fulham, Cardiff and one other out of Palace, Sunderland and my pre-season favourites to go down in West Bromwich Baggies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed. Same as Lua Lua. It's modern football. He is comfortably the best target man we've had. Not keeping him was an absolute travesty and cost us £5million trying to replace him.

Yeh but Murray always had his own special way of diving - very clever but still a cheat. He's not an out and out cheater like Zaha or Young though. U think Murray was a better target man for us (in lg 1 - for one gd season) than Ulloa has been in the championship? I don't. Different style of player but I'd go Ulloa every time.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeh but Murray always had his own special way of diving - very clever but still a cheat. He's not an out and out cheater like Zaha or Young though. U think Murray was a better target man for us (in lg 1 - for one gd season) than Ulloa has been in the championship? I don't. Different style of player but I'd go Ulloa every time.

Yep. I really do. He didn't only have one good season for us either. He was massively underrated the first year or two. As a target man I genuinely can't think of many better. He uses his body incredibly well and was a monster in the air. Ulloa is undoubtly a better goal scorer though and more technically gifted. He isn't as good as a focal point and I don't think he can play upfront on his own quite as well as Murray. I'd love to see him and CMS together as I think they would make a great pairing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep. I really do. He didn't only have one good season for us either. He was massively underrated the first year or two. As a target man I genuinely can't think of many better. He uses his body incredibly well and was a monster in the air. Ulloa is undoubtly a better goal scorer though and more technically gifted. He isn't as good as a focal point and I don't think he can play upfront on his own quite as well as Murray. I'd love to see him and CMS together as I think they would make a great pairing.

I always rated him but he had poor attitude at times (much like Ulloa seems to have at the mo I'm afraid) and was always injured. I think you've highlighted their attributes well - diff types of player really. Either way he's not worth wasting any time on as he joined our rivals and is therefore a **** to Albion fans - and rightly so :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
First start in the Premier League after a long layoff and did not look out of place. Held the ball up very well, great heading ability, and one excellent shot.

I know it's all in the past, and I know Ulloa can score goals, but why oh why did we let him go? No doubt in my mind we should have met his wage demands .... and then it might well have been Brighton in the Premier League instead of Palace.

Yes, GM is a very good player. Why didn't Gus realise that ? ???

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
How can a Palace fan be deluded for saying his side has a good chance of staying up? I wouldn't like to call it but we've still got a relatively decent chance given that we're 2 points above safety. It's not that dissimilar to yourselves with your playoff hunt although I'd be amazed if you caught 5th place at this point, 6th place is obtainable though.

It's great to have Murray back, he grew into the game and began to cause Vidic problems but the first 20 minutes he understandably looked rusty, he's certainly an upgrade on Cameron Jerome though that's for sure!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How can a Palace fan be deluded for saying his side has a good chance of staying up? I wouldn't like to call it but we've still got a relatively decent chance given that we're 2 points above safety. It's not that dissimilar to yourselves with your playoff hunt although I'd be amazed if you caught 5th place at this point, 6th place is obtainable though.

It's great to have Murray back, he grew into the game and began to cause Vidic problems but the first 20 minutes he understandably looked rusty, he's certainly an upgrade on Cameron Jerome though that's for sure!

We are rivals. We split hairs.

A Palace fan saying that 'Palace have a good chance...', 'Palace are odds on...', 'Palace are just the best'... is just going to be a called a winker on here.

I'll be honest, without the internet keyboard GIMPS that constantly run down the club I love, I really wouldn't care.

I like Palace in the sense that it is good to have fans in charge ( bonus that we get the internet spats from P.Chaming + The Wine Seller ! )

It's good to have a beer festival too.

So why are your Tool Brigade always on here ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Many Palace fans would like to see us promoted into the same division as them, not that they'd ever admit as much.

Would the Palace fans on here say that they were enjoying their season? Being belittled by Man Utd fans for their tinfoil Holmesdale display, hundreds of home stand seats at Selhurst Park taken by away fans, more defeats than wins/draws, sitting in grounds like The Emirates and Old Truffle surrounded by silent stands full of football tourists from all over the UK who know nothing about football outside of their pathetic little bubbles, but who still cock a snook at lesser visiting teams like Palace, viewing them as an irrelevance, Saturday 3pm kick offs rarer than a Holmesdale fanatic getting home post-match and asking his mum if she's doing a whites wash after she's fixed his dinner and wiped his snotty nose.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Many Palace fans would like to see us promoted into the same division as them, not that they'd ever admit as much.

Would the Palace fans on here say that they were enjoying their season? Being belittled by Man Utd fans for their tinfoil Holmesdale display, hundreds of home stand seats at Selhurst Park taken by away fans, more defeats than wins/draws, sitting in grounds like The Emirates and Old Truffle surrounded by silent stands full of football tourists from all over the UK who know nothing about football outside of their pathetic little bubbles, but who still cock a snook at lesser visiting teams like Palace, viewing them as an irrelevance, Saturday 3pm kick offs rarer than a Holmesdale fanatic getting home post-match and asking his mum if she's doing a whites wash after she's fixed his dinner and wiped his snotty nose.

Nice story botty . Are you still MIA on the Bbs ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The day Pulis turned up at Palace was effectively the day they stayed in the Prem. A shame Holloway couldnt turn them into Derby mk2. It would have been funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports