Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And as I’ve pointed out several times in this thread, I accept that the total blame for forcing the gate falls with us and us alone. That doesn’t mean that full height turnstiles shouldn’t be a standard requirement at all modern grounds.

I assume you would also advocate the reintroduction of fences around the pitch to stop invasions?

At the Albion we treat supporters like human beings not animals. If your supporters choose to behave like the latter that is your problem not ours.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bloody hell, what’s all the fuss about? Some ticketless palace fans broke in a door, some then were left outside and had a go at some stewards two of which ended up going to hospital. This was a BHA v palace game. Shit happens.
If it concerns you, don’t go to derbies. If I am mistaken (As I only read the OP) and hundreds were beaten with bricks and iron bars, and 5 year old children were left as orphans I’m sorry, and don’t get me started on the loud, bright fireworks, it’s not even bone fire night!
Talk about people with absolutely nothing else to worry about in their lives.......

This behaviour was almost extinct by the 21st century, but some morons keep it going or even accept it.
PS. When is bone fire night?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Maybe some fences between stands and pitches to stop the very occasional pitch invasion that happens too?

Being that one has been shown to be a safety feature and the other is a proven safety issue that was perpetuated by a Thatcher led government and led to the deaths of many people then I’m not really sure I see the comparison. Full height turnstiles were not a feature of the bad old days and the half height turnstiles contributed to overcrowding (no I’m not talking about Hillsborough before I get tarred with that brush) when ticketless morons from a multitude of clubs did jump over them. Again, there’s a difference between safety and caging people in like animals.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But when did Tesco turn away 200 customers who’d come to collect shopping they’d already paid for and tell them, well, we gave it some other customers instead sorry bout that...?

A better analogy would be “some other customers stole it”.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When my rail season ticket expires in the New Year I don't intend to renew. After all, the barriers at the stations are easy to climb over. I intend to hurdle the barriers at London Bridge every morning, and then those on the underground; after all, if they REALLY wanted me to use a ticket they'd make them floor to ceiling.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did ANYONE do a good job on Tuesday night?

Brighton players - no
Palace players - no
Brighton fans - quiet, no
Palace fans - quiet, no
HF - idiots, no
Police - their job is to stop disorder, no
Stewards - originally I thought no, but having seen the videos I think they did OK
Southern rail- no

All in all, a night to forget.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In fairness I completely get the "turnstyles are not fit for purpose because people can jump over them" line as I was in Tesco just now and there was a load of stuff on the shelves that I helped myself to, leaving without paying. It's not my fault. If Tesco don't want shoplifters they shouldn't put stuff on the shelves like that - it's asking for trouble.

I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky in that over 6 seasons, 150 games, numerous high-profile games and many sold out away ends (including Palace themselves multiple times) that this hasn't happened before. Expecting opposing fans to act like decent, respectable human beings is ridiculous behaviour. Thankfully now we've been shown the error of our ways.

In those six-and-a-bit seasons of competitive first-team matches, there has been a total attendance of 4,047,106 fans at the Amex.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
just like the good old days and at least it was packed with entertainment:lolol:
Let's be honest many fans don't give a shite about boring banning orders as they'll save a fortune in the long run.I know we have probably the most wet blanket fansin the country at times but it's quiet funny seeing scenes like that as I never thought I'd see such a thing at the "we love everyone" Amex:D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In fairness, those FYP chaps are a pretty decent bunch of lads and they witnessed it all first-hand. Obviously, it will be with a Palace slant but shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

It's notable that they didn't embed any of the videos of the trouble. Funny that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Except it wasn't given ...in this case you could say it was stolen by their own family

Family, friends...all just customers ;) But get your point. What makes me laugh about football is in terms of making money we’re all clients and customers yet even Ryan Air offer refunds / compensation when it comes to PR disasters like Tuesday night. Maybe Football needs a supporters charter or scheme like ATOL where for example, in the event of paying for travel, a ticket and other expenses if the club then let a bunch of other fans in for free at your expense that you’re actually entitled to something in return. Excluding been taken on a tour of Brighton that you didn’t want. And/or being punched by Police. That’s obviously included in the package but for clarity’s sake, ought to be in the t&cs. Perhaps we ought to get Liverpool’s fans views when they come on Saturday?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Family, friends...all just customers ;) But get your point. What makes me laugh about football is in terms of making money we’re all clients and customers yet even Ryan Air offer refunds / compensation when it comes to PR disasters like Tuesday night. Maybe Football needs a supporters charter or scheme like ATOL where for example, in the event of paying for travel, a ticket and other expenses if the club then let a bunch of other fans in for free at your expense that you’re actually entitled to something in return. Excluding been taken on a tour of Brighton that you didn’t want. And/or being punched by Police. That’s obviously included in the package but for clarity’s sake, ought to be in the t&cs. Perhaps we ought to get Liverpool’s fans views when they come on Saturday?

has either club said that they won't consider refunds/compensation to those genuine fans who didn't get in? I'm sure the clubs are gathering the details before considering their actions

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
has either club said that they won't consider refunds/compensation to those genuine fans who didn't get in? I'm sure the clubs are gathering the details before considering their actions
Heard nothing about either club offering to compensate additional expenses. Only fans advised to speak to Palace about ticket refunds. Let’s hope between both clubs they get properly compensated. This is a cash rich business after all. It’s pennies in comparison to Barber’s wages let alone a players. For example.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm guessing the police weren't far away at all in that video as what seems to be, to my eye at least, a police riot helmet comes tumbling into view and is on the ground as the Palace fans come running in.

Let’s hope the police look into the quality of their chin straps on their helmets in their inquiry as well then.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And after forcing the segregating gate in the Arthur a few years back maybe we should do the same to your lot? Maybe it would be easier to accept that CPFC should stump up the refund for our fans who weren’t let in and also accept full height turnstiles that appear in every ground are sensible and should have been there from the off?

Perhaps we should electrify them on the offchance that somebody doesnt try and hurdle them. Would be quicker, cheaper and actvas a deterrent so that offenders dont try again.

The only time i can recall trying to force a door was when trapped between the back of the arthur waite and the wall with police pushing us back.

Maybe next season we should try a 10ft steel wall. I believe your police have a spare one?

Given the pushing that took place on tuesday, a height turnstile could have made the situation a lot worse. You only have to read what fans of clubs like newcastle, Burnley, leeds even, west ham etc are saying about what they saw in video from Tuesday on away fans forums etc. They all talk about how positive their experiences of the amex are and how they fear your fans' actions will change that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All this talk of turnstiles and yet from the footage it looks like a fire exit has been opened. What have the turnstiles got to do with that?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All this talk of turnstiles and yet from the footage it looks like a fire exit has been opened. What have the turnstiles got to do with that?

Another distraction technique from our friends up the road.

Focus on:

Stewards
Police
Pies
Turnstiles

Rather then

'Ultras'
Knives
Fireworks
Violence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here