Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very much ‘blame anyone and everyone apart from our own fans’. Shirking any and all responsibility.

I've just retweeted the source of this from @HLTCO as i think this needs wider scrutiny. I bet Paul Barber would be interested to read this.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Bring back the old fashioned floor to ceiling turnstiles. Especially for the away end.

Whilst in this day and age you shouldn’t need to then I think this is the only option. Coupled with the stadium to stadium coaches. The morons won’t be going to any other away games this season. A lot of our fans are still annoyed how they got to all three Wembley games without having accrued any loyalty points from away games.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In fairness, those FYP chaps are a pretty decent bunch of lads and they witnessed it all first-hand. Obviously, it will be with a Palace slant but shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

They witnessed part of it yes. As they remained outside they missed the main event where the injuries occurred, plus their arguments consist mainly of complaining that BHAFC and the police should be better prepared for such coordinated violence. Nothing about the perpetrators

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Very much ‘blame anyone and everyone apart from our own fans’. Shirking any and all responsibility.

Love it, 'the turnstiles are not fit for purpose because they can be jumped' Where do you start with that? It doesn't seem to have ever come up as an issue in all the seasons and all of the hundreds of thousands of fans who have entered the Amex prior to Tuesday evening.

I heard that one of the HF started banging on the gate and that when a steward opened it to find out what was going on it was surged (twice). I’m hugely embarrassed by those idiots. They don’t represent me or the wider fan base. We’re hoping for lifetime bans.

OK cheers, thanks for the response, and your general tone on the events.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Love it, 'the turnstiles are not fit for purpose because they can be jumped' Where do you start with that? It doesn't seem to have ever come up as an issue in all the seasons and all of the hundreds of thousands of fans who have entered the Amex prior to Tuesday evening.

So the turnstiles are fine for us but not suitable for scum .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Whilst in this day and age you shouldn’t need to then I think this is the only option. Coupled with the stadium to stadium coaches. The morons won’t be going to any other away games this season. A lot of our fans are still annoyed how they got to all three Wembley games without having accrued any loyalty points from away games.

They get tickets simply because Parrish thinks they are good for your club and create a unique home atmosphere. I do question Parrish being so close to the fans with comments on various forums and tweets he does seem to lack in professionalism and class for a man in his position. And as for his right hand man Bright his comments in public just feed the trolls.
Looking forward to Parrish's comments once an investigation has been completed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The fact that these black clad children turn up at your away games and are seemingly able to 'force' those with front row seats to move amazes me, and Tuesday night wasn't apparently the first time this has happened.

a section of about 20 seats that were eventually occupied by these black clad children were empty until about 5 minutes into the game, so maybe they did have tickets. I assume most Palace fans sat in their allocated seats and to be fair (it pains me to say) they looked like ordinary people.

Lets hope that those responsible for the trouble live and sleep in fear of a tap on the door by the OB at 2 in the morning, or a tap on the shoulder during a Palace match......next week, next month, next year - lets hope the pictures are published and decent football fans turn them in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In fairness I completely get the "turnstyles are not fit for purpose because people can jump over them" line as I was in Tesco just now and there was a load of stuff on the shelves that I helped myself to, leaving without paying. It's not my fault. If Tesco don't want shoplifters they shouldn't put stuff on the shelves like that - it's asking for trouble.

I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky in that over 6 seasons, 150 games, numerous high-profile games and many sold out away ends (including Palace themselves multiple times) that this hasn't happened before. Expecting opposing fans to act like decent, respectable human beings is ridiculous behaviour. Thankfully now we've been shown the error of our ways.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
OK cheers, thanks for the response, and your general tone on the events.
To be honest, why wouldn’t I be? Vast majority of our lot are similar to the vast majority of your lot. We love our club, support them through thick and thin and hate the JCLs, glory hunters (yes even down the bottom of the Prem we have them) and the casual fans of other clubs who buy a season ticket in order to see prem football. The rivalry should be about what’s on the pitch not the idiocy off it. The homophobia from some (thankfully not the majority anymore) of ours, the use of ‘pikeys’ from some of yours. It’s idiotic stuff of the highest order.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness I completely get the "turnstyles are not fit for purpose because people can jump over them" line as I was in Tesco just now and there was a load of stuff on the shelves that I helped myself to, leaving without paying. It's not my fault. If Tesco don't want shoplifters they shouldn't put stuff on the shelves like that - it's asking for trouble.

I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky in that over 6 seasons, 150 games, numerous high-profile games and many sold out away ends (including Palace themselves multiple times) that this hasn't happened before. Expecting opposing fans to act like decent, respectable human beings is ridiculous behaviour. Thankfully now we've been shown the error of our ways.

But when did Tesco turn away 200 customers who’d come to collect shopping they’d already paid for and tell them, well, we gave it some other customers instead sorry bout that...?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Whilst in this day and age you shouldn’t need to then I think this is the only option.

Why should we go to that expense? No other supporters have given us a problem. Easier to just ban Palace supporters from the Amex completely.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Why should we go to that expense? No other supporters have given us a problem. Easier to just ban Palace supporters from the Amex completely.

And after forcing the segregating gate in the Arthur a few years back maybe we should do the same to your lot? Maybe it would be easier to accept that CPFC should stump up the refund for our fans who weren’t let in and also accept full height turnstiles that appear in every ground are sensible and should have been there from the off?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And after forcing the segregating gate in the Arthur a few years back maybe we should do the same to your lot? Maybe it would be easier to accept that CPFC should stump up the refund for our fans who weren’t let in and also accept full height turnstiles that appear in every ground are sensible and should have been there from the off?

No doubt there would be a reciprocal ban at Selhurst but I don’t think too many would be upset at that. It’s hardly an enjoyable trip.

As I said we have had no need for full height turnstiles with any other supporters since the Amex opened so they clearly aren’t the problem.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
No doubt there would be a reciprocal ban at Selhurst but I don’t think too many would be upset at that. It’s hardly an enjoyable trip.

As I said we have had no need for full height turnstiles with any other supporters since the Amex opened so they clearly aren’t the problem.
And as I’ve pointed out several times in this thread, I accept that the total blame for forcing the gate falls with us and us alone. That doesn’t mean that full height turnstiles shouldn’t be a standard requirement at all modern grounds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And as I’ve pointed out several times in this thread, I accept that the total blame for forcing the gate falls with us and us alone. That doesn’t mean that full height turnstiles shouldn’t be a standard requirement at all modern grounds.

Maybe some fences between stands and pitches to stop the very occasional pitch invasion that happens too?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

No it really really shouldn't. It's only your lot that have caused a problem. Virtually all other supporters are treated like adults and respond accordingly. I would HATE for our club to respond to Palace morons by lowering ourselves to your level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here