Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Burnley Thread....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
My second ever Albion game was Burnley at The Goldstone when the won The old Div2 at a canter early 70's as memory serves, a certain Frank Casper being almost unplayable - onya Burnley. I also love the fact that Watford unceremoniously dumped Shaun Dyche after he'd done pretty good job, for rock n roll Zola when they bent the the loan rules, and he's more that proved himself, top bloke.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
My second ever Albion game was Burnley at The Goldstone when the won The old Div2 at a canter early 70's as memory serves, a certain Frank Casper being almost unplayable - onya Burnley. I also love the fact that Watford unceremoniously dumped Shaun Dyche after he'd done pretty good job, for rock n roll Zola when they bent the the loan rules, and he's more that proved himself, top bloke.

Frank Casper is one of my top five Burnley players - unlucky not to play for England. Was at his peak in 1974 when Burnley won 4-1 at Elland Road but Casper was crippled by an appalling tackle by Norman Hunter.

He was out injured for ages and was never the same player when he finally did come back. For me, Casper was a skilful striker - a right-footed version of Frank Worthington who got a few England caps around the same period.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Agreed about Dyche. Perhaps we all chip in and send him a box of lozenges? :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnes was getting phone calls from our players before their game.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11191167.Barnes_backs_Albion_to_join_him_in_top_flight/?ref=mac

Striker Barnes, sold to Burnley in January, said: "I've had enough phone calls off them! Keith (Andrews), Wardy, Kaz, Bucks, Gordy (Greer), everybody basically. I said we'd try our best and we'd go out and win no matter what.

"I'm delighted for them and I hope they go all the way. I'm sure they've got a great chance, it's normally the ones that sneak in last who've got the momentum and I'm sure they'll do well.”

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Regardless what other supporters think we have been in the playoffs for the second consecutive season so think we deserve to be there in the final .

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Thank you Burnley. Don't think anyone has mentioned that they also did us an earlier favour when they beat Ipswich. Seems like a well run club who have deserved their promotion.

Good luck to them in the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here