Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Burnley Thread....

Jan 10, 2014
You're all very welcome.

I told you not to worry about what Burnley were going to do. Dyche - the minimum requirement is maximum effort.

It may have been different though had Poyet still been your manager. :amex:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:clap2:

Good luck in the Prem Burnley. One of the most remarkable seasons ever. Dyche has worked miracles.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I flicked over at the end just after we scored and saw the goal mouth scramble and the Burnley lads were still putting their bodies on the line and it almost looked as though they were playing for a draw right at the very end of the game just trying to see out the game, very weird it almost felt like they were doing it for us... Obviously not but that's what it seemed.

Cheers Burnley. :)

Feb 14, 2010
Quality club Burnley. Am I right in saying the best supported club in the country per head of population? Burnley is tiny (smaller than say Worthing?) and has clubs around it but a great old proud club with a very decent support

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanked two of them at St Pancras when we got back, they thought it was hilarious the fake pitch invasion

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Thank-you very much Burnley and the very best of luck in the Premier League :clap2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Me shouting ffs Barnes with five minutes to go obviously travelled all the way from Nottingham to Reading. He heard me and encouraged his team mates.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was on 3:32pm out of Nottingham and when we arrived at St Pancras I was one of the first of the train and away down the platform. As I was approaching the ticket barriers I spotted a couple of Burnley fans and made a point of shaking their hands and saying thanks. As the train had plenty of Albion on board I imagine they became minor celebrities for 5mins...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Seeing adkins squirming in his interview after the Burnley match was sublime ...what an absolute turd the man is ( I know what a contradiction in term ...as how can he be a man and a turd ) but he is !!!! half man half turd ,in fact three quarters turd quarter man ,no ... three quarters turd and quarter cyborg with glasses .

I would pose the theory that Mr Adkins is much much more than an absolute turd. I believe him to be a total consummate turd, grade 1.

I seriously think he has made Rodding a more obnoxious bunch than the A23 Sarf Lundun Toessers!

Mebbe aye , mebbe nae?

TNBA

TTF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Burnley join the likes of Plymouth and Donny as proper friends of the Albion. :)

My current 2nd favourite team.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Who's that man who plays for Burnley?
Who's that man we all adore?
It was Reading away and
Heaton saved the day
and we don't mind that take down any more

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Looking at the Burnley forums, they don't seem to like us much.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111217169&page=1

"re: Who do you want to win the Playoffs?
Derby and definitely not Brighton after reading some of the comments on their forum about Reading and Adkins when they had clinched the play offs. Magnanimous in victory, NOT."

"re: Who do you want to win the Playoffs?
Either Derby or Wigan for me. QPR failing at the final hurdle would be a nice morality tale for those who think you can simply buy success. Brighton are similar; with their large attendances, American Express-backed stadium and ultra-modern training facilities many of their fans think they are simply a Premier League team yet to be promoted .

Besides, I think Derby deserve it."

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Derby do deserve it, but you don't always get what you deserve.

Strange season, we easily did the double over Derby (3-0 away, 2-0 at home), but Brighton prevented us from scoring 0-2 away 0-0 at home.

I actually don't mind who gets promoted (we always beat Derby, 8 wins and 2 draws from last 10 meetings), but Wigan are my least favourite as their squad will be most suited to life in the Prem.

I am sure if the Seagulls get promoted, most fans will be like Burnley's - desperately looking to see if there will be three teams who you could finish above next season.

Apart from the top 7/8, I think there will be about 12 teams whose first aim will just be survival next year. Palace may find it harder next year after the "Pulis Miracle", West Brom are often fragile but the team who could really struggle are Hull, especially now they will be involved in Europa League qualifying.

Of course, we will be favourites to go down along with whoever wins the play-offs.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Derby do deserve it, but you don't always get what you deserve.

Strange season, we easily did the double over Derby (3-0 away, 2-0 at home), but Brighton prevented us from scoring 0-2 away 0-0 at home.

I actually don't mind who gets promoted (we always beat Derby, 8 wins and 2 draws from last 10 meetings), but Wigan are my least favourite as their squad will be most suited to life in the Prem.

We also beat the champions 3-1 and 4-1. Think their last two losses are v us?

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
We also beat the champions 3-1 and 4-1. Think their last two losses are v us?

Two of our 5 defeats were against Middlesbrough - both 0-1. They deserved to win the Boxing Day game (our last away defeat) but a 5-1 or 6-1 score at Turf Moor would not have flattered Burnley - just one of those days when sitters were missed and the Boro keeper produced a Tomaszewski-type performance.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wow, 2 fantastic saves and a superb clearance off the line all near the end.Such fine lines.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Cheers Burnley, they defended for their lives at the end of the game which is admirable considering their season was over. Always have liked Dyche and the his way of playing. Good luck next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here