Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tenuous links to Preston to further your claim to be a loyal supporter tonight - for 90 mi

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
The jaguar jet fighter displayed at shoreham airport was built in Preston. It's also the final assembly site for all RAF eurofighters.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
When I was a student at Lancaster Uni, I used to often change trains at Preston on trips to watch football in other parts of the North.
I did even once venture outside of the station when I had a long wait but went straight back in when I could see that the town had nothing to offer apart from bacon barm which was more expensive than in the station cafe.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two of the letters in my christian name are also in the word Preston, uncanny really, for that reason Come On The Lilywhites.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I once spent a night at Preston station waiting for the first train out. It was cold and very wet.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My friend Ann lived in Preston. Before she came to university, she'd never had a pizza in her life, just meat and two veg at every meal.

Come on you Lillywhites!

Is that some sort of code for you having more than just an innocent friendship with this bird.?

If so. You really have come on a lillywhite I suppose

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When I was a student in the 80s, the hottest girl at my college was from Preston.

I'm not sure why or how this will influence tonight's result. however.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I was a student in the 80s, the hottest girl at my college was from Preston.

I'm not sure why or how this will influence tonight's result. however.

Depends if she smoked your bone.

If yes. Preston triumph
If no...Burnley carry the day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
4a093d8027244a4d2253a39fe7fe539d.jpg

My second favourite Preston (for today)

Come on you Lilywhites !