[Albion] Tenuous links to Preston to further your claim to be a loyal supporter tonight - for 90 mi

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've spoken to the Preston managers brother at The County Ground once, when Sussex when playing Essex years back. A nice bloke, I'm sure his brother is too and knows what he's doing tonight.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Used to work with a guy who supports them.

I'm Preston til I die, well, until 2145 or until it becomes obvious that they aren't going to win.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I once went on a work course at the Lancashire Evening post in Preston for 2 days back in 2007 (ish) and stayed at a hotel and ate at a pub on some soulless estate on the outside the town, neither of which i can remember the name of.

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
I drove to Lancaster and was 5 miles south of Preston when my turbo went bang. RAC took me to a Preston garage to have it fixed over the weekend and I use Preston Station. Quite liked it :bounce::bounce:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I have distant memories of Brighton beating Preston 5-1 at the Goldstone around 1978 - Preston defender called Baxter score two own goals with the North Stand singing "Give it to Baxter, Give it to Baxter..........."

Happy days

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I quite like the BBC reporter Robert Peston - though he tends to drop his "R"'s....

C'mon you Burnley-thrashers, you.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I was beaten up in Preston many moons ago after a 0-3 defeat, in the rain on a plastic pitch.

For that I usually hate them - But today I will tolerate them.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I once broke down on my motorbike in Barcelona...I was given a car by the RAC to complete my holiday and drive home...my bike would follow some time later.....I returned home a week later and 4 weeks after that I get a call from the driver trying to return my bike to me...I live in East Preston, West Sussex, he is in Preston, the one up North trying to find my house...lol....got me bike back the next day...I'd say that was pretty tenuous.......

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
As any fule kno, Preston won the double in 1888-89, they therefore have history and that entitles any team to win a match.

Proud Preston

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I have friends in preston who support em. been on holiday with them before now too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My Next door but two's neighbours son lives in Preston.

Good enough for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports