Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tenuous Albion Links

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Alan Dovey a young goal keeper who came from Chelsea in the early 70's used to lodge about 10 doors up the road from us , so 13 (ish) from you., he gave me several signed Chelsea European programmes....they are still in the attic somewhere..

And when I was a paperboy for the newsagents in the old village I used to be Peter Wards paperboy when he lived in Mile Oak,
Breaking news! I'm Mile Oak born and bred (not living there now tho). I never knew that. Do you remember what road he lived in?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Jake Robinson’s mum is (or was) a nurse at my doctor’s surgery, she removed the stitches out of my head after an accident.

Not a player but I did some plumbing work for Dick Knight at his house in Hove.
My sister was at school with Jake Robinson.

I mean, I've also met him myself, but that doesn't really feel like a tenuous link.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My sister was at school with Jake Robinson.

I mean, I've also met him myself, but that doesn't really feel like a tenuous link.
Just thought of another one.
When my sons played cricket for Newhaven kids and youth teams there were signed and framed Jake Robinson football shirts on the clubhouse wall.

And another while on the subject of cricket.
Danny Cullip was at Newhaven CC as his son was playing for a visiting team.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Desperately trying to keep this interesting thread going……

I was tonight sitting in a gay bar in Hannover (as you do) and came across a guy who managed Denis Undav when he was at TSV Halvese back in 2014 (and he had pictures to prove it). I’m afraid the only interesting thing he had to say about him was that he was a very nice chap. He was utterly taken aback by the fact we now had a song for Denis. My rendition of it didn’t exactly stop the bar talking but I did see some raised eyebrows.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When running the bar at Horsham CC, Gerry Ryan, who was playing for Haywards Heath III asked if he could be shown how to work the bar and have a look at the cellar. This just before he took on The Witch. He spent a couple of hours behind the bar with me.

Cullip, Oatway and Bob Booker used to drink in my pub. Chris Adams (Sussex Captain) also lived in the village and he would eat with his family on a regular basis.

I'm in regular contact with an ex-player, his wife used to post on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here