Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ten Years Ago Today

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not going to lie. There were tears when Buckley's winner went in. It was genuinely like being in a Hollywood movie when the good guys finally win at the end. Such an emotional day. That my friends is sport. You really had to be there, both at the game and on the 12 year journey it took to get there. An unbeatable day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Amazing day.
Walked up to the turnstiles and was straight in with my season ticket card, off to the concourse bar and bought a pint with actual cash.

Happy days and easier times. :)

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Great day. My wife's birthday was on this day but she insisted I go with what had gone on in previous years. Went with my dad who took me to my first game at the Goldstone back in the late 70s.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I remember a drunk bloke in front of me behind the North goal, all he wanted was to see us score a goal, so went loopy at 1-1. At 2-1, multiply the excitement by 3, stranger hugging like never before - wouldn't happen in a Covid era alas!

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Best (footballing) day ever...if you are an Albion fan. Was also like real-life Friends United, I saw so many ex-school and junior and Sunday League football mates that I'd lost touch with. The promotion game against Wigan was a close second.

I wonder if even winning the FA Cup at Wembley would compete? Wouldn't mind finding out.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
You couldn't have written a better script...new amazing stadium, new division, so much optimism, happiness...then go one down...

...to come back and win.

Not far behind that Wigan game in the pantheon of BHA memories, we're so blessed to have experienced them!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
What a day, we hired a limo from Worthing, 10 of us, 3 bots of champers finished by lancing. Treated ourselves to hospitality, watched the game (cried when teams came out as remembered my mum and grandad), limo into Brighton and train home, long day, but up there with the best Albion days ever, with Hereford, Newcastle, Cup Final and Wigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here