Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ten Years Ago Today

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That game literally had everything. Buckley was such an inspired sub. Cracking game.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
BBC radio Sussex this morning did a little montage.
Put a lump in my throat.

BBC sounds 07.36ish
I dont know how to post a link

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was one of the few times I've worn a replica shirt to a match.
When home I went straight out with the hounds, to say the locals were a little lively would be an understatement.

You'd have thought I was playing judging by the amount of shouts, cheers and tooting car horns I received.
I felt like Linda Lusardi wandering around with her norks out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Easily my favourite day at the Amex, I cried as the teams came out, I cried when we scored, I had tear droplets in my eyes every time “Albion” rang out around the ground.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What a day

224401_10150328920531635_472434_n.jpg
287689_10150328921336635_1147008_o.jpg

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I missed that game as I had to go to a wedding. Told myself at the time that the significance of it would fade with time. It hasn’t. Wish I’d gone to the football, especially as I don’t even see the couple anymore.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Amazing day filled with emotion and, eventually, unbridled joy!

That winning goal is something else. Normally you only get to see from Noone's pass, but from the original throw-in it seven players were involved!

:goal:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
A truly great day!

My son and I arrived a couple of hours before kick off to take in the atmosphere.

The atmosphere and match were like a dream!

The previous time my son and I had been able to go to a match together was the first game at the Withdean when we thrashed Mansfield 6-0

Absolutely wonderful memories!

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
1st time I ever took my then 9 year old son to a Brighton game as bought us both season tickets in the North. I Will never forget that day and he now bleeds blue and white :albion2:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It was one of the few times I've worn a replica shirt to a match.
When home I went straight out with the hounds, to say the locals were a little lively would be an understatement.

You'd have thought I was playing judging by the amount of shouts, cheers and tooting car horns I received.
I felt like Linda Lusardi wandering around with her norks out.

One of my regrets is not wearing my replica shirt but when it comes to football I’m very superstitious. I had worked out that the last three or four times that I had worn it we had lost so decided against it. There is a great photo of a group of us and I’m the only one not in a replica shirt. I stick out like a sore thumb …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

el punal

We deliberately arrived early. Having booked 2 season tickets for the West Upper I had declined to go on any pre-season stadium tour or go to any friendlies. Nope, I wanted this to be the magical occasion. First things first was to go around the whole ground on the outer concourse, next, up the endless stairs to the WSU bars. A pint of Harvey’s and a Piglets steak and ale pie was consumed, then a bottle of red wine (the mini one!).

At last I was ready to have a look, for the first time, at the pitch and everything around. I got to the top of the steps at the entrance to D Block and was transfixed. This is it! This is our new home. Another fan was next to me in tears trying to take it all in. I just felt dizzy from the height of the third tier and sheer euphoria.

The rest of the day, as described by everyone there, was just the most joyous occasion never to be forgotten. Wonderful.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So many emotions that day but the feeling when Buckley's 2nd went in was something else. All those years of battling came flooding out - relief, we were at our new home, we weren't going to have some terrible new home hoodoo and we won in the last minute. Marvellous scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here