Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teams for Chelsea and Villa

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Would be more than happy if we rested all of our first teamers for Chelsea.

With Europe our fixtures are already way too congested. I'd like to see how far we can get with kids, although an early exit would be a blessing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Impossible to predict line ups these days, but I think the following will definitely play.

Fati
Igor
Van Hecke
Dahoud
Perpion
Hinshelwood
Lamptey

I've also got a feeling the 3rd choice keeper might get a game.
Good shout re the keeper. We have two number 1's now for the Prem and Europa League, so arguably a suggestion could be made that the 3rd choice is the number 2 and plays in the domestic Cups.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'm fine with an early exit if it comes from playing our 'second' team. Chelsea are terrible so could still win too

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Would be more than happy if we rested all of our first teamers for Chelsea.

With Europe our fixtures are already way too congested. I'd like to see how far we can get with kids, although an early exit would be a blessing.
It's worth remembering that Chelsea have injuries too and are now down to their last half a billion pounds worth of players

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Villa have won 10 at home on the trot (without checking). A tough game and more important than the cowabunga cup. Put in the kids

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think he will go fairly strong . He hated losing at Charlton last year . Igor and Van Hecke in the middle , Lamptey, Buenotte,Dahoud,etc
This looks pretty strong to me, but I doubt he'll want to risk Fati. RdZ is definitely seeing something in Bounanotte that the fans are not, so it maybe that he gets another chance
I think if buenonotte plays, he’d be better playing just behind the striker

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Perpion is out on loan at Cheltenham.
The same Cheltenham who haven't scored in 13 1/2 hours of league football. They still seem to be using him as a substitute only...

Given how important these first loans are for establishing the trajectory of our young players' careers, I hope they and he can turn it around.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The same Cheltenham who haven't scored in 13 1/2 hours of league football. They still seem to be using him as a substitute only...

Given how important these first loans are for establishing the trajectory of our young players' careers, I hope they and he can turn it around.
Yes he looked way off and I don't think he will make it. Hinshelwood is also rubbish as well I think and no way will be an epl player.

Not sure we've got much coming through from the under 21s

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes he looked way off and I don't think he will make it. Hinshelwood is also rubbish as well I think and no way will be an epl player.

Not sure we've got much coming through from the under 21s
Wouldn't go that far, Peupion and Hinsh both looked excellent last year for the U21s but the first loan does seem to have been of critical importance for many of our youngsters in previous seasons.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't mind going out the League Cup, but I wouldn't want us to play a team so weak that we get a tonking. That's not good.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No way will we play a weak team to get knocked out, RDZ want's to fight on 4 fronts and we will fight on 4 fronts.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No way will we play a weak team to get knocked out, RDZ want's to fight on 4 fronts and we will fight on 4 fronts.
Agree with this.

Had Potter still been the manager, we'd have played Barrington, Hinshelwood etc and they've have done alright, but we'd have gone out without laying a glove on them.

RDZ isn't scared of the games. It will be a fully senior side in my opinion. What's more the players will be under no impression this is a second string competition and will be flying into tackles and playing with intensity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here