Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teams for Chelsea and Villa

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Obviously, we know RdZ will rotate on Wednesday night, but how weak will he go? We then play Villa on Saturday lunchtime, and assuming that is the priority, I can see a fair number of the U21 team playing or on the bench v Chelsea.

Chelsea on the other hand don't have a game until Monday night, need some confidence, and have no European games coming up. I expect them to go strong.

As much as I want to stuff Chelsea (for obvious reasons) is this the game we have to sacrifice for the greater good? I think is is and expect to see Hinchelwood, Hinchy, O'Mahony etc given some sort of run out.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I think he will go fairly strong . He hated losing at Charlton last year . Igor and Van Hecke in the middle , Lamptey, Buenotte,Dahoud,etc

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think he will go fairly strong . He hated losing at Charlton last year . Igor and Van Hecke in the middle , Lamptey, Buenotte,Dahoud,etc
He hated losing at Charlton because they are a league 1 side and the performance was pathetic

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Let’s be honest even a weaker side for Chelsea won’t be that weak and likely to contain Baleba, Fati, and March or Adingra. Nine changes yesterday showed how strong the squad is now. The challenge is getting all the newer players understanding what they need to do. Will be Interesting to see what side Chelsea put out as all I heard on the radio was bleating they have an injury crisis.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I doubt we will see any U21 to be honest. I imagine it will be something like this to start with.

Bart
Veltman
JPvH
Igor
Lamptey
Baleba
Dahoud
March
Fati
Adingra
Ferguson
This looks pretty strong to me, but I doubt he'll want to risk Fati. RdZ is definitely seeing something in Bounanotte that the fans are not, so it maybe that he gets another chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As weak as possible for the Chelsea game please.

1) I don't give a shit about the league cup.
2) Poch needs a win against a top 3 side for some job security. He's bang average and we don't want Chelsea sniffing around RDZ when they finally realise this.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Impossible to predict line ups these days, but I think the following will definitely play.

Fati
Igor
Van Hecke
Dahoud
Perpion
Hinshelwood
Lamptey

I've also got a feeling the 3rd choice keeper might get a game.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Villa is our toughest game of the season so far. I'd be happy if he picked a team that left us at our strongest for Saturday with one eye on Marseille.

October looks incredible difficult for us, if we can come out of it with some points on the board in Europe, relatively injury free and anywhere near the top six it would be some achievement from RDZ and the team.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As weak as possible for the Chelsea game please.

1) I don't give a shit about the league cup.
2) Poch needs a win against a top 3 side for some job security. He's bang average and we don't want Chelsea sniffing around RDZ when they finally realise this.
I think Pochettino needs to keep his 1st XI fresh for the relegation scrap

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Steele
Hinshelwood
Van hecke
Julio
Lampety

Balaba
Lallana
Bounette

March
Perdo
Andringa

Bart
Webster
Fati
Welbeck
Billy G
Estupinan
Mitoma
Few u21s

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We are already rotating and it’s fine. Like the other teams in Europe we have a big enough squad to cope with multiple changes between games without the need to play lots of untried players at once.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The starting point is to pick a team to play Villa ....

-------------Steele
Veltman Webster Dunk Estupinan
-------Gilmour --Dahoud
---March ---Pedro -----Mitoma
-----------Welbeck

Then out of these players, think about who's played a lot of minutes, who's gone to the internationals, who's been returning from injury and who is irreplaceable and take them out of the side to play Chelsea. I'm removing Estupinan, Gilmour, March, Mitoma and rotating Welbeck

So my team to play Chelsea is ......

--------Verbruggen
Veltman Webster Dunk Lamptey
-----Beleba-- Dahoud
----Adingra Lallana Pedro
---------Ferguson

All the time I've got my subs lined up for the hour mark

Igor for Dunk
Fati for Ferguson
Then later Buonanotte for Pedro

I want my back 4 as intact as possible. But mainly I want a team out there capable of winning this match. We want this trophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here