Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Spurs (H) 16/03/2022

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And we didn't even look like scoring in any of them. Like i said, he does well until you ask him to actually do anything of note.

That's obviously opinion. To take a single example, when we were still in the game against Villa, and March beat his man, and put a perfect cross onto Welbeck's forehead, six yards in front of an open goal, I though we 'looked like' we might score. The player in the middle utterly wasting the opportunity, doesn't invalidate the work of the player who created the chance.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's obviously opinion. To take a single example, when we were still in the game against Villa, and March beat his man, and put a perfect cross onto Welbeck's forehead, six yards in front of an open goal, I though we 'looked like' we might score. The player in the middle utterly wasting the opportunity, doesn't invalidate the work of the player who created the chance.

Well yes, it's also not easy for the winger to look good when he goes to cross, looks up and only sees defenders. That said, I think he should cross earlier. If nobody has got in there, it's not his fault

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Makes you wonder if Solly had “taken one for the team” instead of Dunk getting sent off, what the reaction would have been

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I can't get behind the March criticism, because it's Solly, but it's not difficult to see where it comes from.

HKFC puts up some great points but for me there always feels like something is missing.
Dunno whether it's just a decision making mental thing, but for me he just doesn't play as naturally as his talents would suggest.

There's always an extra touch, a pause before kicking, a snapped shot whatever.
It feels like muscle memory gets him through 95% of the job but his brain won't let go for that crucial 5%.

Sorry I doubt that makes any sense to anyone but me

I get what you mean. It is that extra touch, pause etc. I don't agree with any of the posters about 'how he can beat his man if only he had more confidence'. Yeah he might be able to if the defender dives in but at PL level he's not quick or powerful enough to go past people. He goes outside or outside and that's it. He does ok. He's always done ok and that's where he is. If we want to be a top 10 team, then I think we need to do better than March. He's been here long enough. If we want a useful squad player who is good technically and works hard but our aspirations are merely staying up then he should stay.

Personally, I feel dread when he's 'attacking' but he's a local lad and every now and then may create a half chance or win a corner.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wier Lewes

spudsside.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here