[Albion] Team for Sheffield United (if there's anyone still fit)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Play the strongest 11 we can. We aren’t going to see any benefit from resting Gross, Mitoma etc if they then go and play two games next week for their countries. If we’ve got genuine concerns about their fitness then pull them from international duty but we don’t want to be weakening our side on Sunday anymore than it has to be.
Couldn't agree more. No idea why so many are treating the Sheff Utd fixture so casually. They've been in most games, and have just got a first victory boost. They won't be easy.
Several are indicating that Gross and Mitoma will be rested. I'll wager a large sum with anyone that one will start, and a lesser sum about the pair starting. The key question is whether we go with a back 3 (as we started, but didn't finish, the game against Fulham) or back 4.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Has anyone else had an email from the club this morning? . . .

If you have a ticket for the game, please bring your boots and report to a Senor De Zerbi at 12pm sharp.
I assume it was only sent to fans who are U21 as anyone older won't be in the 25 man squad :shrug: :lolol:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Why wouldn’t one of Dahoud or Gilmour start? They don’t need a rest. Fati came off after an hour so no reason why he couldn’t shafy also.
I am guessing the team that RDZ will pick, not what I would pick!

I don't think Dahoud, Gilmour or Fati have started 2 games in a row yet.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Gilmour will play. If he can play 2 Scotland games in 4 days, he can play 2 club games too in 3 days.

With the international break, rotation on to the golf course is possible. Take Sheffield lightly and we will pay for it

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
1699626278188.png

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sheffield United don’t seem to have much pace in their team. This team should be good enough to get the win:

Verbruggen

Veltman
Igor
JPVH
Groß

Baleba
Dahoud/Gilmour

Fati

Mitoma
Pedro
Adingra

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
———————- Steele —————————
Veltman —- Van Hecke — Webster —- Gross
———— Gilmour —- —- Baleba —————
———————— Pedro ————————-
Adringa ———— Ferguson ———— Mitoma

No problem.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I think the team will be selected using Fanzone. Please keep an eye out because if your face is shown then you’re playing

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The Blades have their own injury worries: Egan, Basham and potentially Ahmedhodzic all centre backs out, as well as Rhian Brewster and a couple of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports